BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was driving back to school yesterday, I had my car all packed up with the typical post-holiday season student essentials. In one of my grocery bags, I had a brand new bottle of Zout!, the stain remover that works well on clothes, and really well on that pesky "ring-around-the-collar" on dress shirts (try it!).

Everything was going well, including absolutely no cops on the entire drive, but after about an hour, I noticed an interesting flowery/cleaning-product type smell. I didn't think anything of it, that is until I was unloading my stuff in my apartment and noticed that HALF OF MY ZOUT! WAS NOW LEAKING OUT OF A GROCERY BAG! "Oh no!" I thought. Well, I went to change my battery in my car today, and sure enough, the trunk/back of my fold down seats smelled strongly of the awesome spot remover, Zout!

Now, well this is certainly a better spill than most horror stories, and I guess could actually help to clean up that carpeted area back there, how do you guys think I could best rid my trunk of that smell? It's a bit strong, and certainly not my ideal type of air freshener, so how do most of you guys go about deep cleaning carpeted areas of your E46? Feel free to post specific products and the steps for the most thorough, and nice smelling, clean up. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Try spraying a powerful de-oderizer.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Pressure wash the trunk carpet at the nearest manual car wash. Wipe out the battery tray and then deoderize.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts