E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,981 Posts
Depends what you want most from your pad? You give up some things to gain in other areas with different pads.

·
Vendor
10,577 Posts
Considering it's your wife's car I'd suggest a nice easy driving pad like EBC GreenStuffs or Akebono Euro Ceramics (found HERE) Both are ceramic pads which will provided great grip, while not producing large amounts of dust.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,981 Posts
just so you know, drilled rotors will be more noisey than the solid blanks. nothing obnoxious mind you, but different if on a DD that's first purpose is more for luxury. stock pads are also very good initial bite and low noise. but they throw a lot of graphite dust and will eat up quicker on the drilled rotors.

with all that said, i had good result with Axxis/PBR Deluxe Plus pads for street use with my old Zimmerman cross-drilled rotors. but there was room for improvement on fade when hot.

currently on my M3 with CSL cross drilled rotors i'm running Stoptech Street Sport pads and like them. they are a harder pad than the Deluxe Plus pad, more sporty than the DeluxePlus for fade but not as comfortable for dedicated street as the PBR/Axxis

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
These brake posts are beginning to look a lot like oil posts! There are plenty of choices and everyone's pic is the best. But, I'll put my 2 cents anyway. For my daily driver I stayed away from slotted and/or drilled and went with Turner's recommendation, Zimmerman solid rotors and PBR Metalmaster pads. I accepted this willingly as I had this setup on a Porsche and loved it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.