BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cover holding up? Still looking good or showing wear? How long have you had you car?

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it still look good?

I've been really curious how these were going to wear over time with bare hands.

·
Banned
4,041 Posts
///ACS330Ci said:
Does it still look good?

I've been really curious how these were going to wear over time with bare hands.
Yea, it still looks good, then again, i only had my car for about 2 months as of today.

·
like ma bell, i got the...
1,225 Posts
i saw one wheel, this past weekend, that was absolutely demolished. totally worn out, to right through the alcantara.

one dealer told this individual that they would replace the wheel under warranty. another told him that they would not because he used moisturizer (which, he claims he didnt). the friendly dealer said, however, that if it happened again they would just give him an M3 wheel the next time.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Time for you fellas to invest in some driving gloves. It keeps the oil from damaging the material (this goes for leather wheels too). Our hands have too many natural oils, not to mention those that use alot of lotion.

·
Banned
713 Posts
yeah

After 8000 miles mine is great, no problems. I am pretty consious of it though, it just depends on your driving style. I try and be nice to my steering wheel unless I am really driving fast, cornering, racing, etc... Mine looks brand new, no fuzz problems. It is all how you treat it....

lates
Cavan

·
Banned
4,041 Posts
I hope if mine wears to the point where it's hard and rough, my dealer will replace mines too.

·
Registered
214 Posts
TeKNiC330 said:
But using driving gloves to drive every day?......
I do! They are BMW driving gloves, so I don't mind it. I'd rather preserve my shift knob and steering wheel, rather than let oils in my hands ruin it. There many members on this board w/ the same driving gloves from BMW.

·
Banned
4,041 Posts
Anonymous_FTP said:

I do! They are BMW driving gloves, so I don't mind it. I'd rather preserve my shift knob and steering wheel, rather than let oils in my hands ruin it. There many members on this board w/ the same driving gloves from BMW.
Wow, i dont think it'll work for me cause i do a lot of short driving. Like 2-3 miles at a time and to put on and take off gloves everytime will be too much work. :banghead: I think imma goto pepboys and pick up some of those steering wheel covers. :eeps:

·
Registered
214 Posts
TeKNiC330 said:

Wow, i dont think it'll work for me cause i do a lot of short driving. Like 2-3 miles at a time and to put on and take off gloves everytime will be too much work. :banghead: I think imma goto pepboys and pick up some of those steering wheel covers. :eeps:
Dude, I love them. People always take a look at them and comment. It also attracts other BMW drivers (sometimes even girlies too ;) ). I use mine for short trips too. They rock man. Get a pair. I got mine for about $25.00 out of the Lifestyle catalog.

russ330 said:

^^^ Bah, whatever, you just wanna pretend you're a race car driver. :tongue: j/k :D
Heehee, I am! :evil:

·
Banned
4,041 Posts
Anonymous_FTP said:

Dude, I love them. People always take a look at them and comment. It also attracts other BMW drivers (sometimes even girlies too ;) ). I use mine for short trips too. They rock man. Get a pair. I got mine for about $25.00 out of the Lifestyle catalog.

Heehee, I am! :evil:
Hmm...i'll take a look into it.

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,336 Posts
Driving gloves, if anyone saw me put on gloves everytime I drove my car somewhere I can't imagine how long the laughter would last.

·
Registered
214 Posts
tpzblu330ci said:
Driving gloves, if anyone saw me put on gloves everytime I drove my car somewhere I can't imagine how long the laughter would last.
I've never been laughed at. Matter of fact, my wearing gloves has led to others purchasing them. They are rather sporty! Are you just a bit self-conscious?

These are the ones I have, and although they look a bit too big for her, they really are awesome gloves.

·
Crazy Boy
1,368 Posts
my uncle always wore cloves in his renault... of course it was probably a little more sporty than a 330i...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts