E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im about to get a new car and i wnat either a ZHP or the new e90. anyone have suggestions on what i should do?? :)

·
Eurowerkz Co-Founder
829 Posts
i personally like the e46 styling better. i dont think the e90 is a sport sedan anymore, its more of a luxury sedan

·
Registered
75 Posts
rjk85 said:
i personally like the e46 styling better. i dont think the e90 is a sport sedan anymore, its more of a luxury sedan
Remind me what ZHP stands for? Still learning all the acronyms for Bimmers. Thanks.

·
Registered
560 Posts
DarthBimmer said:
Remind me what ZHP stands for? Still learning all the acronyms for Bimmers. Thanks.
It's a German acronym in reality, but
ZHP = High Performance package
ZSP = Sport Package
ZCW = Cold Weather Package
ZPP = Premium Package

The ZHP package adds a short shifter, Mtech front and Rear, +10hp, black headliner, different trim, and some other blah, blah, blah.:thumbup:

·
Euro.Techniks
4,140 Posts
racingBMW said:
im about to get a new car and i wnat either a ZHP or the new e90. anyone have suggestions on what i should do?? :)
hey man we think alike..take a look at my post http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=208191

I'm still making a decision too but its coming down to the ZHP as my final decision...

I mean the e90 would be a change (and its not that I don't like it) but the ZHP would be the last of the e46 models and I just can't see it go

·
Registered
227 Posts
e46krazy said:
i thyink the e90 will be worth the wait :thumbup:
Agreed, I remember back in when the E46 body came out, I still liked my E36 better. I can't say I feel the same way after I drove the E46. Either way both will be great cars, but when the E90 is out you might find yourself in the market for a new car. You really will not know until you drive the car. I used to think that when I sold my 330, I would get a 530, but when the new body came out, that all changed and put me back in another 3(for now).

·
Registered
153 Posts
oblueDre said:
It's a German acronym in reality, but
ZHP = High Performance package
ZSP = Sport Package
ZCW = Cold Weather Package
ZPP = Premium Package
German acronym? I dont think so... It's simply a dealer code...

Let's see here, remove the Z and what do you get?

HP = High Performance
SP = Sport Package
CW = Cold Weather
PP = Premium Package

it's zuper I tell you!

/bfg

·
Registered
560 Posts
bfg said:

HP = High Performance
SP = Sport Package
CW = Cold Weather
PP = Premium Package

it's zuper I tell you!

/bfg
Your brilliance fills our fair forum with awe... :rolleyes:

Clearly, I recognize that the letters stood for an English word as well given that I put the whole list up there in the first place. All I was say that, the letters may actually stand for a corresponding German word. Given that English is a "Germanic" language (look it up), this is not entirely impossible. I don't know, I could be wrong, but thanks for clarifying for everyone.

·
Banned
6,535 Posts
oblueDre said:
Your brilliance fills our fair forum with awe... :rolleyes:

Clearly, I recognize that the letters stood for an English word as well given that I put the whole list up there in the first place. All I was say that, the letters may actually stand for a corresponding German word. Given that English is a "Germanic" language (look it up), this is not entirely impossible. I don't know, I could be wrong, but thanks for clarifying for everyone.
Cold = Kalt
Premium = Erstklassig
Performance = Leistung

Almost.

·
Registered
849 Posts
bfg said:

HP = High Performance
SP = Sport Package
CW = Cold Weather
PP = Premium Package

it's zuper I tell you!

/bfg
:lmao:

·
Registered
33 Posts
so is the new e90 330 slower than the current 330? the site on this forum says 6.3 0-60 and isnt the current 330 6.1?

·
Registered
33 Posts
and i just looked up the 330 performance package and it has a 5.6 sec 0-60. the e90 doesnt sound to quick esp with 30 more horses

·
^_^
1,485 Posts
I personally don't like the new E90 bodystyle nor the cockpit design (it looks like a caddilac w/ that straight panel across the front). However, I'd still recommend you wait and get the new body style since:
1) people's preference change or at least they get numb about it.
2) you'll be driving for another 6 yrs a CURRENT generation car rather then a previous version.
3) I'm sure there'll be upgrades as technology enhances.

·
I'm not a bum, I'm a nomad
932 Posts
BigRain said:
I personally don't like the new E90 bodystyle nor the cockpit design (it looks like a caddilac w/ that straight panel across the front). However, I'd still recommend you wait and get the new body style since:
1) people's preference change or at least they get numb about it.
2) you'll be driving for another 6 yrs a CURRENT generation car rather then a previous version.

3) I'm sure there'll be upgrades as technology enhances.
:werd: I'd at least wait until the new one is out a bit because perceptions do change, nobody liked the E46 either, now I think it looks 1000X better than the E36.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts