E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know if the door panels (handle and upper door area around the cube trim) are leather? Seems like they might be some sort of rubber, similar to the dash.

There are some fading spots (might be from my leg rubbing it) that I want to fix. I have tried some black shoe shine that I had laying around but that did nothing. Any advice on products that will work on this material?

:shhh: I took this picture from another website for reference.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That isn't leather.
Don't make it worse.
Fine... :( I guess I will just have to live with it. Its not that bad anyways, Im just revitalizing my interior with new parts and shampooing everything. Would like to have done the doors too

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
People are not realizing you don't have regular leather interior. And maybe you aren't either?

You have alcantara interior with the middle part of the seat being a cloth type material.
Go to a specialized detailing website or call a detailer in your area and explain what type of material you have. They might be able to give you something specific. Alcantara is not to be fuccked with.
I dont plan on shampooing the alcantra, just the fabric in the center, it has some dirty spots. That leads me to my other question... can i shampoo my seats or should I just steam clean them? Will it mess with my seat heater?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.