E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i'm new to the forums; i've owned a 325i for a few years, and recently i've been looking into M3's as soon as I earn my degree (3 more years :/). My questions for you gents(and ladies!)of the forums are:

1.) What modifications have you added to yours?(i.e Brakes, Rotors, Tire-wise)(I'm not looking to "rice" this vehicle up lmao just wanna know what some e46 vets did to enhance their cars, i'm looking to keep mine as stock as possible when it comes to engine and body).

2.) What parts would you recommend adding or changing to your M3 to make it become a better piece of art than it already is?

3.) How hard do you drive yours? How's the ride?

4.) Any other info you guys have and tips for a future e46 M3 owner?

Thank you for reading and contributing. And write as much as you want, I will read it. Because once I have this car, i'm babying the hell out of it!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Mine is 100% stock, I want to keep it that way. The only thing I would consider doing is painting my kidney grills and the nostrils on the fenders a semi gloss black. But I love the way the chrome matches the outside of my 19 inch rims. They are truly spectacular vehicles. I drove two different 330s for six years, I came downstairs for my apartment in the garage today and walk around my M3 for probably the 100th time since owning it in October. I still cannot get enough of this car.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Your inquiring about a car you want to buy 3 years from now?

Anyway, anything beyond performance mods is purely personal taste. I have black grills, powder coated white wheels (On LSB), 1" antenna, Dynavin touch screen system, gold halo's, dinan strut brace, 30% tint, upgrades ties sizes (245 front, 275 rear), white LED interior lights and a few other things.

My car rides fabulous. And I drive it the way a M was meant to be driven. I don't fly around residential areas at 100mph, but I drive spiritedly when given the opportunity and have fun in the corners. As far as advice, make sure you goto a dealership or indy shop to get a Pre-purchase Inspection done on ANY car BEFORE you buy it. Theres a litter of problems these cars may have, such as sub-frame damage to vanos issues - which are very costly to repair. Save yourself a potentially expensive fix and buy a car without those issues.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Rasp terminator or a pair of ar20s. Then an exhaust you like. Makes the driving experience much more exciting. Exterior mods are personal preference. But maintenance is much more important. If its a 6 speed you might want a SSK and nice shift knob. If you have an SMG, consider the CSL SMG tune for faster changes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
1. As far as brakes go, there is really no need to upgrade them because stock M3 brakes are very good. Unless you use it for the track then I guess u can upgrade to a BBK. I dont have any mods on mine though since the car is almost perfect as it is.
2. I would only recommend getting a SSK for better shifts and driving experience.
3. I take it easy most of the time, but I do go WOT every once in a while. Ride quality depends on your suspesion/wheel set up. With stock suspension, obv 18s are more comfortable but I have 19s and the ride is still very comfortable except that I do feel most bigger bumps and holes.
4. When you are buying make sure maintenance is up to date. Get a PPI and a vanos test done before you buy. Always remember, Maintenance > Mods.
Hope this helps. Good luck!

·
Registered
205 Posts
1. As said, BBK isn't really needed except for the track. For tires I run Michelin PSS's or PS AS Plus's. Don't go cheap on this car with a low quality tire.

2. I'd suggest considering new wheels. The stock 18s are UGLY and you can get some nice wheels from APEX (ARC-8s or their new 7 spoke) for not to dear even though they're very strong and light. If you aren't a fan of rasp a new exhaust is in order (a full cat back is ~60 pounds lighter depending on what you get) and it also adds something a bit more muscular looking in terms of exhaust tips as the stock ones are rather dinky IMO. Only other thing I would consider is a CSL diffuser to help an upgraded exhaust flow better with the rear bumper and a SSK to get rid of the broomhandle shifter; other than that the car is just about perfect.

3. My PSS's are rough but I am young with an intact back so I don't mind. The PS AS Plus's rode very softly. These are both on 18s.

4. Maintenance. Check for the big E46 M3 issues subframe, VANOS, etc. Just keep it clean and well maintained and she'll drive like a dream :woot:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.