BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
hammer talks like this
4,221 Posts
I never liked that one because it doesnt have a DVD/CD player on the front... and its expensive to add the DVD changer to it... they do make the stand alone single alpine dvd player, but I when worked on an e46 with a similar setup we mountd the dvd player in the glove box(CD changer in trunk) and it was a pain to change out dvds(driving and doing it would be risky). I guess you could mount it somewhere else though, or perhaps your getting an multi disc dvd changer(alpine does make one). If your getting a sweet deal then go for it! most ppl that i sold it to used a PS2 for a dvd source too. just an idea.

·
modder fokker
6,883 Posts
They have a unit now with dvd included but kinda expensive :)

Its a cool unit and you can add more stuff with a alpine adapter.

Dvd can be mounted under the dash passengers side like christ32O did

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bender said:
I never liked that one because it doesnt have a DVD/CD player on the front... and its expensive to add the DVD changer to it... they do make the stand alone single alpine dvd player, but I when worked on an e46 with a similar setup we mountd the dvd player in the glove box(CD changer in trunk) and it was a pain to change out dvds(driving and doing it would be risky). I guess you could mount it somewhere else though, or perhaps your getting an multi disc dvd changer(alpine does make one). If your getting a sweet deal then go for it! most ppl that i sold it to used a PS2 for a dvd source too. just an idea.
i didn't realize at first that this didn't have a DVD/CD player on the front - time to reconsider because I'd have to invest in a DVD/CD changer - and i didn't want to do that.. not right now at least - ! Alpine's other option which is integrated unit is around $1800 retail - decisions..decisions..decisions..decisions..:banghead:

thanks for the feedback though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts