BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a sound system. I'm also interested in dvd/nav. Just interested in what you guys have to say about your personal ideal sound system...

·
Registered
37 Posts
I personally like JL and Eclipse for speakers and amps. Head units I'm not so sure I have a favorite since there is always something new coming out.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
For subs in the trunk I would definetely go with Sony subs (bias cause I got 'em :) ) haha, I have 2 12" inch subs in the back and they look awesome and they really bump. My amp's bass setting is in the middle and my car's bass setting is all the way to zero b/c they're so powerful and if I turned either one up at all they would probably blow. Currently you can hear 'em from up to 3 Washington DC blocks away....also, for your head-unit I would go with Alpine or Sony or Kenwood flip out screen with DVD, TV, NAV, and a PS2/Xbox/Gamecube hookup. The sony headunits have slots for Memory Stick media - so you can put MP3 files or pictures on the Memory Stick and replay them in the car.

Make sure u get something called a 'bypass', because a lot of the systems have a safety feature where u can't watch TV or DVD's unless the emergency brake is on, but you can by a bypass for like $75.00 to get rid of that.

·
mod-er-at-or-er
1,275 Posts
This is my ideal system

Alpine IDV-900 Dvd Screen/HU = $1600
Alpine Hx-700 Processor =$1000
or
Alpine F1 HU + Processor = $4000

Tru Technology c7 amp = $2500
Tru Technology c7.2 amp = $2500
Tru Technology c7t amp = $3000

Frontstage
Tweeters= Seas Millenium = $400
Midrange= Seas Lotus 4" = $400

Midbass/Woofers= Scan Speak Carbon 8" = $350

Subwoofer= JL audio 13/w7 = $600

Buttloads of Dynamat extreme = $300

Monster Cable Audiophile wiring = $1000

:D :D :D u said ideal

·
modder fokker
6,907 Posts
e

Apogee 18 bit's DA converter (balanced)17 Volt!!!)
2 * Clark audio noise gates met slaves
2 Rane 19 inch Rane eq's 30 bands.
1 Rane 19 inch 24db x-over
2 Velodyne 24 bits computer operated servo woofers 10 inch.
1 Set veritas alluminium horns met Richard Clarks Altec drivers.(sensitive +- 129 db/1w/m)
1 set dynaudio midbass 6"

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just had mine done this weekend. It was a 2-day Install and its very nice and clean since it was Cabrio with limited trunk. I too wanted simple.......and stealth.

Pioneer 6500DVD Head, Pioneer NAV (voice commnd), Pioneer Intergrated ((XM)) Radio , JL W6 and JL Amp 5/500 ? and Boston Components.

I love the ((XM)) **got 2 yrs for $199** and they actaually mounted the Antenna Under a plastic brace near the Rear Headrests. NO FUNKY WIRES and Antenna stuck to the trunk. Since it was a Cabrio there is NO Metal in the roof so it works fine and so much cleaner.

ALL is touch screen and a Must for Driving and Tweeking.
Not a show car but Super Nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts