BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently saw a commercial for Carparts.com and got me thinking to what you guys use regularly... I've used Pelican a few times, no issues, but there's also Rockauto and AutoZone, and others....

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Here to serve y’all
2004 330Ci 85k miles
11,097 Posts
there's also Rockauto and AutoZone, and others...
Steer clear of Rockauto, AutoZone, O’Reilly, etc., as you’ll get cheap crap parts there.
At this point, fcpeuro.com is the top vendor. OE parts and a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Steer clear of Rockauto, AutoZone, O’Reilly, etc., as you’ll get cheap crap parts there.
At this point, fcpeuro.com is the top vendor. OE parts and a lifetime warranty.
You think those are more catered towards domestic cars, or basically no one with any car should shop there?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
RockAuto can be useful IF you pick and choose your brand- they sell good, bad, and indifferent-

AND you're pretty darned sure you won't be returning any of it.

But yeah, what everyone says, above.

t

·
:D
7,813 Posts
recently, FCPeuro. they have been good to me in a few very recent orders. Pelican is good because they offer good resources but are pricey and actually owned by ECS tuning, which i've heard is a bad thing.
locally, for a big box store, i almost exclusively use Advance Auto. they ALWAYS have a 20% off coupon online and i've never had them mess up an order.

·
Registered
2004 325i automagic
2,031 Posts
Typically, fcpeuro, autohausaz, ecstuning, oembimmerparts.

I am usually shopping for a specific brand of parts (like lemforder, seimens/vdo, etc) and those sites tend to have a good selection of oe and oem suppliers at good prices and they have always been good about returns for any problems (which occasionally happen even from good suppliers).

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
It depends on the parts. I've bought from most of the sources listed. FCP is my favorite but have bought some pieces from E-bay, body molding clips and a new radiator drain plug for my e36. Probably better customer service with E-bay than Rock Auto. FCP stands behind their products no matter what.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Here to serve y’all
2004 330Ci 85k miles
11,097 Posts
You think those are more catered towards domestic cars, or basically no one with any car should shop there?
I buy simple things like grease, gasket sealer, etc., at those stores, but they carry very few quality parts for BMWs. It’s all about the part manufacturer for quality. You want OE as often as possible. Good luck finding any BMW OE parts at those stores.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have a fleet of fun, special interest cars and I love Rock Auto. Sure, they sell a broad spectrum of quality there, but they have the courtesy to actually identify them as such with categories such as "Economy" "Every day driver" and "Performance Improvement". If you know your car well and know the brands, you can choose to get OEM stuff many time and it's crazy cheap. They also have blowouts of parts for older or low volume cars. My Quattro is old enough almost nobody carries routine parts. One day on Rock Auto I noticed they had the brake softlines on sale. I bought ALL the brake line soft bits for $32! That's insane and I wasn't even planning to change these. But next time I did brake pads. off they came - all 8 hoses.

·
Here to serve y’all
2004 330Ci 85k miles
11,097 Posts
I have a fleet of fun, special interest cars and I love Rock Auto. Sure, they sell a broad spectrum of quality there, but they have the courtesy to actually identify them as such with categories such as "Economy" "Every day driver" and "Performance Improvement". If you know your car well and know the brands, you can choose to get OEM stuff many time and it's crazy cheap. They also have blowouts of parts for older or low volume cars. My Quattro is old enough almost nobody carries routine parts. One day on Rock Auto I noticed they had the brake softlines on sale. I bought ALL the brake line soft bits for $32! That's insane and I wasn't even planning to change these. But next time I did brake pads. off they came - all 8 hoses.
Yeah, you can find some deals on RA, but the customer service is pretty bad and don’t try to return something.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,384 Posts
FCP Euro.
great service, pricing, Lifetime warranty

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Yeah, you can find some deals on RA, but the customer service is pretty bad and don’t try to return something.
yeah speaking of deals on rockauto .. i am thinking about ordering these NTK oxygen sensors instead of bosch.

NGK oxygen sensor - 25569 precat (11781742050)
NGK oxygen sensor - 25587 postcat (11781433940)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Btw I included Rock Auto because I do marketing and I have to say that have a super catchy commercial LMAO... Catchy tune, catchy characters, very friendly and inviting atmosphere... I don't know if you guys agree but makes me wanna buy from there over others IF the same parts and price, because most times BMW/Mercedes people come off more arrogant and elitist, take it or leave it attitude, but Rock Auto gives me this middle/lower class homey feel that you want to "help out and join" LOL....

I know, I left the door wide open for lower class parts there!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I use Rock Auto, but I shop carefully. ECS is good but their shipping is slow and expensive. FCP Euro os on my list for next purchase.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts