BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to buy one of these tires, what du you guys think?
Yokohama avs sport, or Bridgestone s-03?
How about the noise, grip, etc.
Im going to run 235*35*19.
Wich tire are the widest?

Please help me!

Daniel, from Sweden.
Sorry for my bad English.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Hard to go wrong with any of these three. The Yoko AVS Sport does get a bit louder than the S03 as it wears, and although it comes close, it does not match the the wet and dry grip of the S03. As CooL_dudE mentioned, the Pzero Nero is a bit quieter and smoother riding, and comes close to the AVS Sport and S-03 in handling. Might be worth considering!

Tires
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BN4&url=/tires/index.jsp

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
How does the weight of the AVS sport compare to the s-03?

... but then again, you might not care, as you're running 19's anyway.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problems.

Good question, how about the weight, of Yokohama, and Bridgestone? Wich tire weights the most.

I got H&R coilover, and i have slammed the car as much as i can, and it looks tight to the coilover, i need a tire that is very stretcht over the wheel. i got 8,5-19" ET 40.
isent the Yokohama a very square rim, and Bridgestone more round?

/// Daniel. SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I couldn't find the weight of the S-03 in 235/35-19, but the 245/35-19 weighs 28 lb (12.7 kg). Couldn't find the weight for the AVS Sport either...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jspeed

Thanx.. do you think bridgestone is a thinner tire on the edge, i got problems to my lock on my coilovers. the tires rub the lock.

/Daniel, SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Re: Jspeed

touring330i said:
Thanx.. do you think bridgestone is a thinner tire on the edge, i got problems to my lock on my coilovers. the tires rub the lock.
The sectional width for the S-03 is 9.6", while for the AVS Sport it's 9.7". I found both figures from the manufacturers' websites. Both are for 245/35/19 mounted on 8.5" rims.

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,330 Posts
My car came stock with Bridgestones, and I opted to put Yokohma AVS Sport tires on there when I replaced them, and I've never looked back. On my last car, a w202 C230 Kompressor Sport, I originally ran Pirelli P1000 or whatever and those ran out really quick, faster than any tire I've had; so I replaced those with Yoko's as well. I'd say go with the Yokohama.

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
2,057 Posts
i have yoko evs100 and oh my god, they are damn loud...stay way and get something else..i know youre getting another yoko tire, but stay away from evs100s too loud after time..

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
my fronts are avs's. besides the great quality, the tread looks cool

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,151 Posts
i have the so-3 tires

i love them can't say enough about them. i am happy with them in rain and dry conditions
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
booo for body roll.
3,423 Posts
im all about s03s. the only negative is the massive tramlining.. but im sure that would happen with the yokos also.

·
- FAMOUS -
206 Posts
jun14scr said:
im all about s03s. the only negative is the massive tramlining.. but im sure that would happen with the yokos also.
i had S03s for a while too and the tramlining was insane on my boat. i now have Yoko AVS Sports and they're not bad. They have this obnoxious whining noise when i decelerate (just road noise from the tires i guess) but perform fairly well and look really sweet. i'd get them again.

aaron

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm diehard Dunlop SP 9000!! Had 'em on every ride, no noise, no problems...........

1 - 19 of 19 Posts