BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
people always talk about getting lighter rims, but rarely talk about getting lighter tires...
does anybody know the tire weight of a 235/40/18 yokohama es100? how about the 255/35/18?

btw- (according to website info)
s03 235/40/18 is 26 lbs.
toyo t1-s 235/40/18 is 22.9 lbs

thanks...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks... that's the same weight as the toyo at 22.9 lbs for a 225/40/18... weight shouldn't be too much different for a 235/40

thanks.. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
hbmike said:
people always talk about getting lighter rims, but rarely talk about getting lighter tires...
Very good point! Theoretically getting lightweight tires help more than lightweight rims b/c the weight is farther out from the hub. The Yokohama ES100 is about 23 lb. for the 225/40-18. For reference the S-03 weighs 25 lb. in that size.

edit: BTW I did my research and I like these tires very much too! I will definitely try them in the spring.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I have the es100 in 225/40/18 and 255/35/18 and I have to say they are great tires as well. I have been completely impressed and satisfied. No reason to spend big bucks on the Pilots or SO3s.

About the weight issue.... I weighed the SO3 and the es100 and they were actually very close, so I am not so sure if the listed data is entirely accurate.

Attachments

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
1,995 Posts
just put a set of yokos es100s on my car too. running the stock 225/45/17's and man, these grip pretty well! the only complaint though, is that the side walls are pretty soft. that being said, when youre cornering and you hit a bump, the tires would get loose underneath for a split second and then immediately catch again. the tires are pretty quiet too but their brand spankin new so im pretty sure all tires sound quiet in the beginning. they tend to tramline a bit more than my previous tires, however, nothing i cant handle though. besides that im pretty impressed with these tires overall, well worth the money if you can get them cheap. and the treads look awesome!

ps..had turanzas on my car before...

later,

low

1 - 8 of 8 Posts