E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just installed my TSE3 on my 2001 330ci manual tonight. Everything went pretty smooth. The stock exhaust is a PIG....even thought the UUC is probably 45-50lbs the stock has to be close to twice that. The sound is great, what I was expecting and more. With that said it is only 15-20miles old so still breaking in to say the least. The only problem I had with the install is that at the first slipper joint under the brace with the clamps at 90 deg like it says to do in the instructions it rattles on the brace. This only happens once the exhaust is warmed up. We adj. it twice and finally rotated the brackets up to about 120 deg which so far has worked well and keeps them well away from the bracket. The only other thing was that all of the socket sizes listed in the instructions are wrong. When it said 10mm it ment 15mm nad when it said 8mm it ment 13mm, and 9/16ths ment 15mm as well. Not a problem at all!! but correction none the less.
Impressions of sound
This may all change as the exhaust breaks in but it is wonderful sound. At start up it's a nice low rumble. At lower RPM's it's nice and low, starts to screem at 3700-5500rmps and gets quiet at 5500-5700rpms and then gets a slight M3 sound from 5700-6500 or so. It has that slight rasp at redline but nothing like the total rasp of the M3 on rev. I thought it was a little louder than expected at freeway speeds but nothing unlivable, just from others impressions I expected it to be quit as stock at this speed and it's definitly still rumbling.
Like I said I will give it time and let you know how that has changed.
UUC in general

I can't say enough about UUC and Rob in particular. I got one of the first Exhausts sent out, however, my excitement was short lived when I realized the exhaust had been damaged by UPS. Part of this was due to poor packaging By Corsca. I let Rob know this and He assured me they would fix it and took care of the situation in an extremely promped manner. He even worked around my very busy schedual going in and out of the state.....Thanks Rob. Also I am happy to report that the packaging on the new exhaust that Rob sent out was Top Notch!! Packaged just as a high end exhaust should be without an possablity of damage :thumbup: :thumbup: .
Now if only UUC could get sway's back in stock I would be thrilled... :rolleyes:

Time to drive.......

·
Registered
725 Posts
clarkrw3 said:
I just installed my TSE3 on my 2001 330ci manual tonight. Everything went pretty smooth. The stock exhaust is a PIG....even thought the UUC is probably 45-50lbs the stock has to be close to twice that...
Cool deal.

Did your tips center in the valence alright and did you take stock exhaust out in 1 piece or cut it?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And it is going to stay that way
Thanks for keeping my post on topic....there was some good info in that 5 pg but it was hard to find. And these constant back and forths get very old very fast.

Did your tips center in the valence alright and did you take stock exhaust out in 1 piece or cut it?
Yes the tips are in the center of the valence...I will post pics on Monday when I get back in town. And Yes the stock is taken out in one piece with no cutting...which is another great thing about this exhaust. You could replace the orig when you go to sell your car.
The tips are very very nice and are understated.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think that there have been some good gains but it's hard to tell without a dyno...I'm not going to be like many on here and say OMG it's just a totally different car and is now so fast. It seems to be waking up as it adapts to the free flowing exhaust. I have just been letting the ecu adapt. The car is much more fun to drive...the sound is just fantastic!!!! I highly recommend it!

·
Registered
401 Posts
clarkrw3 said:
I think that there have been some good gains but it's hard to tell without a dyno...I'm not going to be like many on here and say OMG it's just a totally different car and is now so fast. It seems to be waking up as it adapts to the free flowing exhaust. I have just been letting the ecu adapt. The car is much more fun to drive...the sound is just fantastic!!!! I highly recommend it!
:woot:

Can't wait to get mine. I should have it this week.

I have yet to hear of any 328i TSE3 installs/reviews. Maybe I'll be the first? If not, someone speak up! :craig:

Patrick

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sounds good :woot: I will be interested to hear how it goes!! It only took a couple of hours going slow for the install and pics. Just watch the stock exhaust because it is really heavy.

·
Registered
401 Posts
clarkrw3 said:
sounds good :woot: I will be interested to hear how it goes!! It only took a couple of hours going slow for the install and pics. Just watch the stock exhaust because it is really heavy.
No worries, I've taken it out before, and yes, it is a bear.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts