E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out about yet another motor that VF had blown up! User GlenM3 posts on here, but I just spoke to him and this is all confirmed...

He went VF Stage 2, VF took his car to MFest lat year and blew up his motor. Called him and told him his motor blew and that it was most likely caused my his previous nitrous kit (the traditional VF blame transfer/deflection).

Glen doesn't know much about motors or FI, so he didn't know what the real deal was. He was forced to buy a new motor and pay VF $5k to install it! That's nearly $10k!

·
Registered
179 Posts
uno

that sucks

·
Psshhhht M3
5,645 Posts
Thats pretty funny.... Caused by PREVIOUS nitrous kit. Doesnt make sense to me, sorry... Yat another case of VF damaging someones motor..

·
Registered
25,549 Posts
:facepalm:

·
Registered
457 Posts
wow i cant believe this company is doing this... when it comes to it when you buy something like this u are buying the customer service because you can go to another company like aa or ess.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I dont understand. I lot of ppl say "HPF is too expensive etc etc" but then their VF motor blows and they end up paying the same price as a stage 3 HPF car lol. That sucks bro. i also heard from several ppl(not sure if its true)that the e92 M3 VF car was running like complete a$$ at bimmerfest and broke down after but shhhh

·
Registered
382 Posts
if VF kits just blowing up M3's?

or are they blowing up other makes and models?

this is a serious problem..

how are they staying in business? some one should flag'em on BBB

·
Registered
304 Posts
Forced Induction is not childs play especially if u r applyin it to a s54 which is squezed by the maker to get every bit of power it can produce , as far as I have seen with vf all of their customers have either a little or no knowledge on their engine and they trusted vf blindly and this is the outcome , what vf has done to thier customers is really not acceptable by any means but the customers r also faulty for not knowing anything about their engine , this is what I have seen with all vf cases I have read about till now. I am not saying u have to know how to build your own engine but if u want to go f/i u should at least research as much as u can before deciding on which brand to go with ...

·
Registered
41 Posts
I dont understand. I lot of ppl say "HPF is too expensive etc etc" but then their VF motor blows and they end up paying the same price as a stage 3 HPF car lol. That sucks bro. i also heard from several ppl(not sure if its true)that the e92 M3 VF car was running like complete a$$ at bimmerfest and broke down after but shhhh
i am with you bro most of the ppl they say that they want to go with HPF but they dont have the money to buy stg1 and they prefer to go with VF stg 2 and do the same as u said pay extra money for rebuilt engine after it blows that is the same price of stg3 or mybe stg4 HPF :pp

·
Psshhhht M3
5,645 Posts
Do they not understand that the S54 with 9.5psi and just 91 octane will not hold up well? They at least need better octane gas, meth/water or nice cold temperatures. Anyone that is running the 9.5psi setup with 91 should go get meth/water hooked up ASAP.

·
Registered
327 Posts
remember vf dont like junk in the trunk as nik said about AA lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts