BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:I made it through one year clean, but not anymore. :( Driving to work at 04:30AM this morning on a pitch black road, and a cat runs out in front of me so fast I didn't even have time to hit the brake. Yeah, it wasn't serious and I'm luckier than most people in here lately, but the furball cracked my front bumper. Now I need a new one, and I HATE the front bumper on 02 sedans. The Mtech one is out of the question since I don't have $2000+ to spend.

So HELP ME OUT Canadians!! Do I have any reasonable 02 sedan front bumper replacements that WON'T run me $2g's?? I'm open to suggestions. It would cost me $1000+ to return it to stock form, and that seems to be the only "cost effective" option. HELP!!

Bart

·
I holla
1,668 Posts
an mtech front bumper wouldn't cost $2,000, would it?

when i had the front bumper replaced on my car after my accident, the total cost of the mtech didn't cost much more than it would've to replace with a stock bumper.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In Canadian $$$ it sure would. All new brake ducts, fog lights (I don't have fogs now), plus a bunch of other crap, unless the dealer is lying through their teeth, which is entirely possible. It costs $400 alone for paint + install.

Bart

·
Registered
301 Posts
i ve ordered an m tech frontbumper for coupe and it cost me about 750 inc foglights,screws,brakeducts...

·
Registered
207 Posts
I do not know if a 2001 330CI front bumper would fit.If it does and you are interested,PM me.I have one brand new ,never used.I bought the aerodynamic package with my original order.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
so what happend to the cat?

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Potpie: Considering he cracked my front bumper and 2 parts of my front grill with his head, I assumed he's pancaked. I didn't stop to check. I hit him at 120km/h, so I don't see any way he could have survived. Poor thing. I hope it was painless. P.S. I gotta ask: who the hell is Chong Li?

Impulss: GREAT piece of community service putting that together! Email one of the admins and get them to sticky that sucker. Too bad all of those fronts are probably WAY outta my price range. If I couldn't even afford a 325, I can't see me getting one of those fronts unless I can find a place in Canada that sells em cheap (HAAAAhhahahaha...riiiight)

Bart

1 - 11 of 11 Posts