E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, the clown nose was amputated. I added a LCD Park Distance Control behind the mirror, a Valentine 1 remote display, and a 2" LCD Video Screen. Overall it gives the stock mirror a nicer look, in my opinion.

The DIY is pretty straight forward, but may not be easy for most. I had to leave behind my auto dimming mirror and cut a new mirror 2 way mirror that would allow me to view the objects from the otherside.

The entire Blinking LED and housing was cut out and replaced with a much smaller, less clown-like LED.

I unfortunately only have the PDC powered. When I install everything in the car I'll be sure to update a picture with the Valentine 1 and LCD Video Display.

Let me know what you think. :hi:

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I'll post a DIY once I get everything all squared away and take some decent pictures to show the install.

Some Key points to the DIY:

-*Auto Dimming mirror can't be used - Buy a large enough "side mirror" from your local car parts store. Take it to a place that cuts glass using your auto-dimming mirror as a template

-* Everything is stuck to the back side of the mirror using 3M 2 sided tape (no modification to the displays, only a different mirror)

-*wire everything up through the back side of the mirror and your all set

PDC I bought from a fellow e46fanatic...I'll include all the info in my DIY

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's a pic of the LCD monitor:

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
CtrlAltDel said:
sounds like a fun project man
keep us up to date on how it all turns out!
+1.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.