E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I searched but I did not find anything, I swear!

Ok first, I ordered some eBay headers and I got unlucky like many. Seller ebstores sent me 328 headers...

Is it possible to make them fit by cutting and welding longer pipes ? If I understand correctly, they are shorter than 330i headers and the flanges are rotated.

Second question, I'm having difficulty understanding how to remove stock headers. I already managed to remove 8 nuts without lifting the engine but I know I'll have to do it. I removed the lower brace and placed my jack under oil pan. I loosened the four engine mount bolts and removed the ground.

My questions are:

-Do I have to do something with the driver side engine mount ?
-How far can I lift the engine ?
-Is my lifting position correct ?

Thanks a lot!!

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
take out the mount and the heat shields which i cant tell if you have done up there and the secondary water air pump and you should be good...?

·
Registered
489 Posts
You will need to remove the PASSENGER side engine mount. You might be able to get the header bolts out without removing it, but you will need it removed to get the old headers out and the new ones in.

I lifted my engine until it was touching my strut brace.

Lift position looks good to me

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You will need to remove the PASSENGER side engine mount. You might be able to get the header bolts out without removing it, but you will need it removed to get the old headers out and the new ones in.

I lifted my engine until it was touching my strut brace.

Lift position looks good to me
Thanks ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts