E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mod Squad
9,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already :search:ed. Didn't find anything too helpful. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I'm looking at the wiring harness for the DDE's, and I can't figure out what the light blue cable in there is for. :dunno: It's a smaller gauge than the other wires which I assume hook into the light boxes, and then there's the connections for power and ground I also assume. Is that blue wire for a remote turn on that car radios have or something? Any help would be appreciated, other than that; I think I've got this thing figured out. Thanks, russ

·
Registered
856 Posts
I think its for a seperate switch for turning on/off manually. Not sure. email Umnitza he'll let you know.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
It's a trigger wire. You attach it to a switched power source so whenever there is power to whatever you tap the DDE's will turn on. This way you don't have a massive power draw through whatever you tap. It is not an optional wire and will have to be attached to turn them on.

·
Mod Squad
9,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks fellas:thumbup: I'd go work on 'em now, but I started drinking, and I'm afraid to fu ck something up now

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Installing that wiring harnesses is one of the easiest things I've done. Not too much to screw up but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts