E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a year ago I replaced the oil level sensor on my '00 328 / 130k, as it was coming on after startup. I've only driven about 5k since then.

Last few weeks the oil light has been coming on after 10-15 mins of driving, or coming on after switch off. Oil is definitely at the correct level - right on the max.

Anything else can cause this, other than sensor failure? (The replacement sensor was a pattern part, not BMW, so I am considering sensor failure to be a possibility!)

Is it possible for a leaking valve gasket to affect it in some way? Have noticed this is weeping slightly, but not enough to drip oil.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
What Brand is the Sensor? Can be another Faulty Sensor...have u tried to do a Oil Pressure Test?

-TrippinBimmer

·
Registered
490 Posts
I get the yellow oil warning light but only after turning the car off. My oil level is definitely right and I know my car isn't consuming oil since it doesn't have any of the symptoms. It is def not leaking either(I checked twice already). Sounds like the both of us are stuck with a faulty sensor,perhaps, but then again, you never know what it could be with these things

1 - 3 of 3 Posts