E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.. either I am bad at searching or well.. I must be bad at searching.. I've tried searching for yellow bulbs for my new OEM clear tails but I can't find anything solid.. I heard about stealth bulbs but some say they melt the lights others say they aren't bright enough to see in the daytime.. My OEM clear corners and sides came with the yellow bulbs but the tails didn't come with anything.. I would just like to find some bulbs that match the yellow in the front and sides.. anyone know which bulbs those would be? Thanks!

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,372 Posts
I suggest going with the Solaris Invisibulbs which are mirror coated filament bulbs that blink in either amber or xenon white. These have a thinner mirror coating that does not insulate the bulb and cause melting like a few other brands. It also allows usable light to pass through so you do not diminish light output when upgrading.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suggest going with the Solaris Invisibulbs which are mirror coated filament bulbs that blink in either amber or xenon white. These have a thinner mirror coating that does not insulate the bulb and cause melting like a few other brands. It also allows usable light to pass through so you do not diminish light output when upgrading.

Great thanks, will these match my new yellow bulbs in the front corners and sides? Or do they make them for all ends? And how much? Thanks again

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,372 Posts
These are available for all turn signals in the car- front, side and rear.

Your front bulbs are either 1156 or 7507. To make sure, take out the factory bulbs and look at the pins on the metal base. They will be offset by 150 degrees or 180 degrees. If they are 150 degrees- 7507, if they are 180 degrees- 1156.

The sidemarkers are 194 and the rear turn signals are 1156.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These are available for all turn signals in the car- front, side and rear.

Your front bulbs are either 1156 or 7507. To make sure, take out the factory bulbs and look at the pins on the metal base. They will be offset by 150 degrees or 180 degrees. If they are 150 degrees- 7507, if they are 180 degrees- 1156.

The sidemarkers are 194 and the rear turn signals are 1156.
Thanks, what do these sell for? All of them as a set.

·
Registered
604 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
If your car uses the 1157 type of bulb, just buy the 1157A. A stands for amber. They offer most bulbs in both clear and amber. Go to your local Auto Zone and look on the rack.

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,372 Posts
If your car uses the 1157 type of bulb, just buy the 1157A. A stands for amber. They offer most bulbs in both clear and amber. Go to your local Auto Zone and look on the rack.
His car will not use the 1157 as it is a dual filament. My bulb explanation above will help him find the correct sizing.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What happened to half the posts on this page? Khoalty came in and quoted me $17 for everything said they were cheaper than the other guy so I said sold and now both those posts are gone..

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
His car will not use the 1157 as it is a dual filament. My bulb explanation above will help him find the correct sizing.
Actually it says my car uses 5706 and they don't make an amber bulb in that.. the 1156 you said is 26watts and the one in my car is 21 so I was told that is not good to use..?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I bought cheap ones from amazon (yellow coated with chrome) for tails, side, and corners and haven't had any issues with them. I've had them since christmas.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I bought cheap ones from amazon (yellow coated with chrome) for tails, side, and corners and haven't had any issues with them. I've had them since christmas.

Can you please give me the numbers? Everyone keeps coming here telling me they bought their bulbs and it's no big deal but nobody has given me the number or given me a number that goes against what is in my car now and the books show for my car.. I am so confused!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I got "vacuum chrome bulb" 1156. 7 bucs for a set. Try searching that on amazon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts