BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home from my interveiw with a Princeton Alum when suddenly i see this nasty pothole. I avoided it with my front wheel, but my back didnt make it around. Tires shot and wheels got some bad rash, whcih you might call gashes. Only 18 stocks, but i kept them nice so im pissed.:ben:

Then roadside gave me a problem b/c they didnt want to come out b/c i didnt have a spare. Any way i can get a new wheel from bMW? This sucks..just got my car back from getting headlight trim, reflectors, and for rings painted to.:cry:

·
Registered
665 Posts
You should go after the city for the damage. Its an uphill battle but technically they are responsible and I have heard of some people who've been successful.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
04ragtop said:
You should go after the city for the damage. Its an uphill battle but technically they are responsible and I have heard of some people who've been successful.
I have gone this route in NYC with pics of the damage and repair receipts and all. I was not successful. The city SHOULD be responsible but most likely they wont give in.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GarrettF said:
i am confused..roadside didnt want to come?

they know you dont have a spare?

Roadside said they only change spares. I would have to use the "fix-a-flat" thingy myself. I was like thats bullsh*t. If i wanted to fix my own flats id buy a honda..why did i buy a 50K car to fix my own flats.

·
Registered Abuser
1,023 Posts
My1stM3 said:

Roadside said they only change spares. I would have to use the "fix-a-flat" thingy myself. I was like thats bullsh*t. If i wanted to fix my own flats id buy a honda..why did i buy a 50K car to fix my own flats.
Did you call BMW roadside assistance, or AAA? I can't imagine any reason that they wouldn't help you. If nothing else, I'd have been tempted to call them back and tell them that I didn't believe that I could drive on the rim. It just sounds wrong that they wouldn't help you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
how fast were you going over the pothole anyway? i busted a wheel and tire one time in harrison. that was one big a$$ pothole and i had 19's wit barely any tires. hope everything is alright :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
First of all, if BMW Roadside would not help you, you need to write a scathing letter to BMW NA about it. When my friend Chris wrote to them about a problem with roadside, they comped him a free month's lease payment. I could understand if you removed the spare but it was not your choice to omit it. And, yes, if you wanted to be stuck on the side of the road without help, you could have spent $10 or $15,000 for the privilege.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts