BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,390 Posts
nice lists of DIYs you did there. car looks great.

but just wait til you come across those oddly engineered parts in a DIY. oh they are there :shhh:
you won't swear at your car, but at those German engineers overdoing something simple.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Holy necro's it's been a while. Not much going on with the BMW besides normal daily driving in the last few years. Had to replace the front passenger side door because someone turned into my in downtown Seattle. I've been lurking these past few months on the classifieds for parts and pieces after taking quite a long break. All these things I've been wanting to do through the years that got pushed to the back burner.

Got a shop that's willing to do a full S54 swap on the car down in Tacoma, been toying with that idea a bit in the last year or so but I seem to keep talking myself out of it. I know I can do the mechanical side of the swap, I'm just not confident in getting the wiring and coding right to make sure everything works like OEM.
Secondly I'm getting quotes for a exterior respray, same color so no door jams or anything, just to get the paint back into the shape I want it to be. Front bumper still looks gnarly from the day I bought it.

If anyone has any experience with painting the door/bumper moulding and what that requires in prep I'd love to hear about it. I'm back and forth between leaving them unpainted, or painting them. I guess the alternative is changing over to the M-replica bumpers but that still leaves the unpainted door plastic too, anyway I'm rambling now.

Hope you're all well and that the state of current events hasn't affected you too negatively. See ya around!

21 - 22 of 22 Posts