E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,
I wanted to know which direction the drain plug is thread on the xi's transfer case ( I already freed the fill plug). I suspect the fluid has never been changed at 165xxx miles so needless to say the nut is firmly set and the last thing I want to do is break it. So do I turn it clockwise or counter (I'm on the driver side of the car)?

Thank you

· Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, I'm going to try again when I change the transmission fluid. I just flushed a quart through the fill hole, since it can't be overfilled, I really didn't want to but after 165xxx miles it was probably darn near bone dry.

· Registered
418 Posts
on the front push to the left and the rear I believe it's to the right. Try a dead blow hammer and a six point open ended wrench and give it a good smack.

Joe

· Registered
218 Posts
These transfer cases take very little fluid on a drain and fill, I think like 200 ml IIRC. Don't be surprised when not much comes out.
Soak the bolt in penetrating oil, I doubt it's seized, mine needed a good shock to break free.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.