E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

i've changed my FZA with NCS-Expert to SA251=Tire Deflation Warning System (german: RPA Reifen Pannen Anzeige) which is the system, that detects faulty tires by using the DSC.

With the non-XI E46, you're able to activate this system without any problems, but the XI is using the DSC 5.7, from E39, X3, X5 which is not able to use the tire rpms.

Is there a way to find out which control module must be installed to use the RPA ?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Hello,

i've changed my FZA with NCS-Expert to SA251=Tire Deflation Warning System (german: RPA Reifen Pannen Anzeige) which is the system, that detects faulty tires by using the DSC.

With the non-XI E46, you're able to activate this system without any problems, but the XI is using the DSC 5.7, from E39, X3, X5 which is not able to use the tire rpms.

Is there a way to find out which control module must be installed to use the RPA ?
I too looked into this and discovered the same as you. We need the separate contol module and it turns this into a very expensive proposition.

Here is the module you need:http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=EU33&mospid=47722&btnr=61_2123&hg=61&fg=25
Part 8 36236753289 ~$300 US

Might be able to find one on a salvaged vehichle though.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Done my Retrofit, got a DWS Module from US =) ... 50$ ... It's Working good, have added $251 to my Car-Fahrzeugauftrag (FA) - and connected some wires to my DSC-Control-Module ... and i've placed a RPA-Switch into my middle-control-center. Works fine! :)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Done my Retrofit, got a DWS Module from US =) ... 50$ ... It's Working good, have added $251 to my Car-Fahrzeugauftrag (FA) - and connected some wires to my DSC-Control-Module ... and i've placed a RPA-Switch into my middle-control-center. Works fine! :)

Good Job!:thumbsup:

Care to post a pic of how you installed the reset button and also elaborate on the wiring necessary to accomplish this? I was under the impression that all we needed to do was install the module and the button.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You must install the DWS Module behind the glove box. Our DSC-Module is in front of the glove box, where the small 4-cylinder-e46's have the starter battery. There is a 57-Pin Adapter, which had several connections to the DME/EGS/Motometer/LSZ and CCE. On this connector, it's nessesary to pin in 4 cables and do some soldering to get the needed wheel-speeds for the DWS-Module.

Behind the clove box, its needed to get KLEMME15 (Ignition) and IKE control. The Button only switches ground to a pin from the DWS-Module to reset the RPA-Adaptions from the Wheels.

I'll post a better manual later ;)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
You must install the DWS Module behind the glove box. Our DSC-Module is in front of the glove box, where the small 4-cylinder-e46's have the starter battery. There is a 57-Pin Adapter, which had several connections to the DME/EGS/Motometer/LSZ and CCE. On this connector, it's nessesary to pin in 4 cables and do some soldering to get the needed wheel-speeds for the DWS-Module.

Behind the clove box, its needed to get KLEMME15 (Ignition) and IKE control. The Button only switches ground to a pin from the DWS-Module to reset the RPA-Adaptions from the Wheels.

Good to know. Looking forward to learning all the details. Thanks!

·
Registered
0 Posts

Will a DWS module from E39 M5 work in an 330xi?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.