E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 330ci ZHP
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2005 330ci zhp has bi-xenon lights part number: 7165912 & 7165911 and I went to replace them with halogen 7165908 & 7165907 units. I ordered from ECStuning and they are OEM parts. Fit like a glove, but the halogens have 3 wire plugs not 5 like the Xenons. The problem is when I switch the lights to the the xenon position, only the left light comes one, not the right. If I unplug the left, the right comes on and I can add the left so both are working. If I turn them off and on same problem. I know it must be voltage issue as the warning light comes on as soon as I turn them to that position indicating a light out.

I would like to keep these, but not sure if there is a work around to using them, help! anyone?

·
Registered
330ci Coupe 6MT
1,830 Posts
you need to recode your light switch (LCM) module for halogen, There are many threads on here if you search for coding the other way, from halogen to xenon. Just do the steps in those in reverse. You don't need to worry about removing the wire for the bixenon shutter, that won't do anything with the halogen projector.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts