E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the xenons easy to steal on the new 330 ci's.......I want to get the xenons but worried of getting them because i've heard that they get stolen a lot. Please help. thank you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
642 Posts
Hey, the bulbs are relativly easy to take out but the ballasts are mounted on the bottom of the headlight which you have to pull the hole headlight out to take off....which means poping off the turn signal lens, the metal trim under the headlight and about 4 deep set bolts.....I would not worry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
301 Posts
CSHFLW said:
Hey, the bulbs are relativly easy to take out but the ballasts are mounted on the bottom of the headlight which you have to pull the hole headlight out to take off....which means poping off the turn signal lens, the metal trim under the headlight and about 4 deep set bolts.....I would not worry.
There is a need to worry, I know a friend of mine that f-ing stole xenons and angel eyes out of a new 5 series car at night in the parking lot of a club, I think thats sick, but he did it cause he wanted them.

All he did was bring a crow bar, and 2 friends, and they pryed open his hood, took out the corners and just unscrewed the parts there after.

Took it alllllllll
:tsk:
 

·
Black and Proud
Joined
·
17,005 Posts
well.. if someone wants it THAT badly.. they'll get it...

*ouch*
taking a crowbar to pry open the hood of a 5series??? that's so wrong
your friend needs a beatdown
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,240 Posts
Thieves know that acura TLs have the easiest xenons to take out... i wouldnt worry about it... worry about someone keying your car before you worry about someone stealing your lights
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,591 Posts
CP6NJA said:


There is a need to worry, I know a friend of mine that f-ing stole xenons and angel eyes out of a new 5 series car at night in the parking lot of a club, I think thats sick, but he did it cause he wanted them.

All he did was bring a crow bar, and 2 friends, and they pryed open his hood, took out the corners and just unscrewed the parts there after.

Took it alllllllll
:tsk:
your friend is a loser. Don't people on this board hate you too though for something else?
 

·
Loves cookies
Joined
·
1,537 Posts
That's messed up, anyways i heard the same thing that acuras and nissans have xenons that can be stolen without opening the hood and easily. Now with bimmers i'm not sure but as the guy said above that his friend was able to do it. One thing i don't get is how the guy forced the hood open and the alarm did not go off, one day i unlatched my hood and locked the car and when i opened the hood the alarm went off. So unless it went off and nobody heard it i can understand, anyways he deserves an ass kicking.

*Remember to treat others as you wish to be treated*:tongue:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
Double Vanos said:
That's messed up, anyways i heard the same thing that acuras and nissans have xenons that can be stolen without opening the hood and easily. Now with bimmers i'm not sure but as the guy said above that his friend was able to do it. One thing i don't get is how the guy forced the hood open and the alarm did not go off, one day i unlatched my hood and locked the car and when i opened the hood the alarm went off. So unless it went off and nobody heard it i can understand, anyways he deserves an ass kicking.

*Remember to treat others as you wish to be treated*:tongue:
yeah don't the alarm go off if the hood is FORCE open
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,056 Posts
true, if the car has an alarm, simple answer.
 

·
eh.
Joined
·
1,317 Posts
im pretty sure xenons can't be stolen easily from a bimmer cuz they are screwed in.... with a lot of screws... and the plastic isn't exactly the easiest thing to break either
 

·
• DFW •
Joined
·
1,962 Posts
jesus christ whats this world coming to! Stolen Xenons?? Dang
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
382 Posts
The problem with the Acura xenon's is that they're a drop in replacement for Civics, so the street urchins steal them.
I've never heard of one case of BMW xenon's being stolen (until now). One of the reasons BMW's are more expensive than many other cars is that their platforms aren't shared across product lines. Take the Toyota Camry for instance: it's the same platform as the Lexus 300 series including the little "truck" suv thingy. Economies of scale apply, so they're less expensive to the end user, but the parts are more likely to be stolen.
I had an Acura VTEC stolen and stripped. They caught some punk street racing a Civic, and low and behold the little turd had my engine, tranny, and instrument cluster in his car. This is why it's one of the most stolen cars at the moment.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top