E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just retrofitted Bi Xenons into an 00' Sedan and they look awesome at night.

I know most people get dash lights indicating they are out and I do, till I turn the lights on and then they go out.

Is that the normal routine for the indicator lights?

This is by far the best thing I have done to any carI have ever owned short of FI on a Prelude :)

The pre facelifted housing do work with the internals of the facelifted light. The facelifted housing is identical with the exception of how the turn signals are held on. In my 00" sedan they slide in and on the facelifted they screw on.

Right now I have one facelifted with my turn signal zip tied on and the drivers side has had the internals changed to the halogen housing.

·
is on da floor
2,351 Posts
nEVERCLEAR said:
I just retrofitted Bi Xenons into an 00' Sedan and they look awesome at night.

I know most people get dash lights indicating they are out and I do, till I turn the lights on and then they go out.

Is that the normal routine for the indicator lights?

This is by far the best thing I have done to any carI have ever owned short of FI on a Prelude :)

The pre facelifted housing do work with the internals of the facelifted light. The facelifted housing is identical with the exception of how the turn signals are held on. In my 00" sedan they slide in and on the facelifted they screw on.

Right now I have one facelifted with my turn signal zip tied on and the drivers side has had the internals changed to the halogen housing.
Nice! Did you use facelifted sedan xenons and change the lens? or did you get 02+ coupe bi xenons and retrofit them? You can have the dealer program your car to say it has xenons so it wont throw a error or purchase some relays or make your own (i'm not sure how) from www.bekkers.com they wont throw fault codes with this. i sold a pair to a member on the board here :thumbup:

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought facelifted and ended up having to swap the internals from the facelifts since the xenon housings were not as described.
They were definately stolen from someone as a tab was broke on the pass. side and both bottom mounting tabs and the side marker holder were broken off the drivers side as well as a crack in the housing.

I was able to just change the lense on the Pass side, but am going to swap housings ASAP, it has a broken tab and a hole where the tab should be. I hope to find a set of xenon housing so I can get the black box back inside the housing. Right now it is outside the housing.

I have a set of facelifted silver interior trim pieces as well as the facelifted lense in good condition. The lenses have about 1/3 the road marks my 00' lenses have so I figure they are pretty new. If someone wants to trade or buy these peices they ae in good condition and I have both sides

·
Registered
93 Posts
I did the conversion and found out the xenon and halogen housings are different as the xenon has that lump on the bottom for the igniter so had to cut the plastic mounting piece that has the headlight washer connected to it (headlight mount) Then I converted my indicator fixtures as my originals had the slide in type and new ones the screw type.
My dealer wouldnt do the ecu flash either for exact samr reason, but said they could convert the car to xenon but I would need to re-install the halogen first lolol.... :banghead:

You notice you can adjust the headlight level still at the switch so mine are adjusted down a bit, this will not function if you manage to get the ecu flashed

·
Registered
607 Posts
BMWERKEN said:
This is how it worked for me too. I was annoyed by the indicator lights so I just pulled fuse 32 until I have time to get into the dealer to have them flash the ECU...
When you pull fuse 32, did you get a "check engine" light? I pulled mine and got it. Put it back in and managed to get it reset at a dealership but they won't flash my ECU for xenons.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.