BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Europrojektz Malaysia
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I got OEM xenons to replace my halogens. This is a complete housing replacement. They work just fine, only problem is the "your headlights aren't working" signal in the dash is always lit up. The only way for it to turn off is when the headlights are actually on then it prolly thinks "oh wait, they ARE working". But then turn back on when i turn it back off for more than 5mins. I went to Shelly BMW to ask for an ECU download to tell the damn ECU that I have xenons. They wouldn't do it those bastards!!! I'm giving them a 2/5 for their next service report!

I went to Bekkers BMW's website and they said when doing a xenon retrofit all you need is an ECU download from the dealer to get rid of the error light (or their relays which cost $120). So anyone know a dealer that's nice enough to do this for me?

·
E46-free since 10-13-06
5,325 Posts
I got the relays from Bekkers. They were $100/pair when I bought my headlights from them.

Pulling fuse 32 also turns off the warning but it also disables some other error warnings that you would not want to miss.

Or the dealer can reprogam your ECU but who wants to do that? Many dealers charge more than what the relays cost. Others have no clue what you are talking about. I prefer to let my dealer think the xenons came with the car.

·
Europrojektz Malaysia
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ca1242 said:
How much did you pay for the Xenons?
I switched with a friend who was selling his car...$500

I called Irvine BMW and they said it shouldn't be a problem, got an appointment on Friday, hope it all works out.

·
Europrojektz Malaysia
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
iTzJoNjOn69 said:
Try McKenna BMW or Crevier BMW or even Long Beach BMW (BTW whered you get ur Bi Xenon head lights? ;))
Mine are regular xenon not bi-xenon. And I got them from a friend who was parting his car before he sold it.

·
www.piratecove.org
3,699 Posts
Casanova said:
I switched with a friend who was selling his car...$500

I called Irvine BMW and they said it shouldn't be a problem, got an appointment on Friday, hope it all works out.
good call
they should be able to tell your car that it now has xenons...its what everyone does.

i'd call the service manager of the place that you went to first and explain to them what happened

·
Black and Proud
16,456 Posts
Casanova said:
I went to Shelly BMW to ask for an ECU download to tell the damn ECU that I have xenons. They wouldn't do it those bastards!!! I'm giving them a 2/5 for their next service report!

hey.. that's a little harsh
it's not their fault for not wanting to be responsible for anything going wrong in the future
(however big the chance may be...)

it's not something they need to do
and giving them a bad rating just for refusing to do that is not fair

there are plenty of other reasons to rate them badly but not for this

1 - 10 of 10 Posts