BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post, so i apologize if it's already been discussed. i have done some searching on here, but still couldnt find an answer i was looking for.

i upgraded to xenons from my stock halogens, wired everything up and it all works when the key is in the accessory position (xenons, brights, angel eyes). but when i turn the car on, they flicker repeatedly (more than the expected amount when first turned on) and eventually go out and the bulb out indicators go off on the dash. im assuming this is because when the computer runs, it picks this up and shuts them off?? i have the ballasts wired up correctly, i mean everything works fine when the key is in the accessory position, so i dont think power is the problem.

i dont have the resistors, but i assumed you could run your xenons fine without the resistor, that they were just to get rid of the light. are the resistors absolutley necessary to run xenons? i asked the dealer about this and they basically said they could hook it up to their computer to try and make the car recognize the modules and it would take about 2 hrs (and they charge $100 something per hour).

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
Need to have the LSZ retrofitted. Should have to pay about 1 hour labor. Although that stupid new 3g system sucks and take forever to do anything with

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so was my thinking correct in that the computer reads a headlight error and "shuts off" the xenons when the car runs?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have had 2 different makes of HID kits and both had no problems, but my friend had 330d sport and use to flicker all the time turned out to be a faulty ballast

1 - 5 of 5 Posts