BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just got back from my dealer after getting my car ecu flashed. But then I notice when i turn it on, only one of the headlight is on.. the other is off until i wait for 5 mins.. turn on and off.. then the other will be on... i have also notice that the bulbs are different color. Is this happening because of the bulb or is there something wrong with my headlight set. thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
usually one is brighter then the other... and maybe you let the bulb flash too much? try to replace it with a friend and see what happens....

·
Help me Help you!
955 Posts
aznyeast said:
Hi, I just got back from my dealer after getting my car ecu flashed. But then I notice when i turn it on, only one of the headlight is on.. the other is off until i wait for 5 mins.. turn on and off.. then the other will be on... i have also notice that the bulbs are different color. Is this happening because of the bulb or is there something wrong with my headlight set. thanks
Never seen that problem b4 so i guess the best thing for u to do is to switch xenons bulbs between the 2 headlights and see if this is still occurring. It may be possible that one bulb is dying (??). I say do that first and then if it keeps happening than we move on from there. Do this first before going back to the dealer and wasting ur time and money.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Re: Re: Xenon problem after ECU flashed!!!1 please help

itchyNscratchy said:

Never seen that problem b4 so i guess the best thing for u to do is to switch xenons bulbs between the 2 headlights and see if this is still occurring. It may be possible that one bulb is dying (??). I say do that first and then if it keeps happening than we move on from there. Do this first before going back to the dealer and wasting ur time and money.
you beat me to it :flipoff: haha jk im thinkiking its dying to

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks alot for the fast answer guys.. i'm calling my friend with xenon bulbs to come over and see if the problem is with the bulbs. I hope that's the problem.. hate it when buy stuff from other people and getting rip off... the seller that sold me these didn't even say anything about this

·
Registered
42 Posts
xenon bulbs dying?

Wait, I thought Xenon (D2S) bulbs are supposed to have a very very long lifespan. They just don't fail that easily, if they are the German made ones, not cheap imitation ones made elsewhere.

Is it possible that the service people at your dealership f-ed up your xenons or stole your good bulbs and replaced it with cheap ones?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
from what i remember, the dude that sold it to me drive with these light without flashing the ecu.. so it was flicker for like a while.. i guess that's why one of the bulb is dying? it is okie for bulb to flicker alot or it shoudn't be a problem... i dont think them dealer stole my ****..haha.. that would be too funni i think

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
okie.. i found out the problem now.. the red red where my bulb is plug in is bad.... every single bulb i plug in.. it will burn it... i mean physically burn it.. i can see the burn mark on the end of the bulb... is there anyway i can replace that or do i have to buy a whole new set.. please let me know

·
Registered
724 Posts
hey...sorry about your trouble...maybe the flickering caused it to screw something or just bad wiring...by the way, hey from Louisiana(Lafayette)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts