E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got my platinumvisions today but its pretty late so I snapped some quick pictures after installing the fronts and sides. don't have time to do the rears. My first impression is that they are quite dim. I can't believe the v.1's are even dimmer :eek:

My first impression is that they are a little dim. But not enough so that it really bothers me to the point that i would replace them.

Attachments

·
can ya spare some change?
738 Posts
question... what is the point of xenon platinumvisions? I know the point of the regular platinum visions were to remove the egg yolk effect when the signals are off. But aren't the Xenons one just silver coated clear bulb? I don't get it.

Could someone please explain their purpose to me? :dunno:

·
name's PHIL
5,946 Posts
how about one with your xenon headlights on also...........and i'm guessing the point of this one is cause the other xenon look bulbs out there have the blue effect when the light is off

·
can ya spare some change?
738 Posts
He and his said:
how about one with your xenon headlights on also...........and i'm guessing the point of this one is cause the other xenon look bulbs out there have the blue effect when the light is off
Oh, ok, I get it then..... thanks! :thumbup:

·
Registered
56 Posts
m3chi: how do you get your sidemarker to go on with the parking lights on and not blinking? [refering to the fourth picture]

·
E46Fanatic
3,060 Posts
damn, i see those being a big problem during the day. maybe you shouldn't put them in the rear. remember that if your rear ended when turning or merging or whatever, and they see those bulbs in there, it becomes your fault. :thumbdwn:

·
I like Techron
419 Posts
Anything but Philips Silvervisions are low-tech painted stock bulbs. Philips uses a real vacuum deposited coating versus a crappy paint. Paint acts to block the light emitted from the bulb thus lessening its intensity.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Platinum Visions 2.0 - I'm not impressed so far.

I just received the Platinum Visions 2.0 Xenons ($80 mind you) from Bimmian yesterday. I got a chance to install them during the day light. So far, not so good. They're horribly unnoticable.

This is the front off just for comparison.

Rear lights off. I like the way it looks with the lights off, but I run the DRL's almost every time I drive.

Thanks Bimmian for the FREE roundels!

Here is the dissappointing part. it's 5.30pm here and these lights should be more visible than they are. This is a shot with the lights ON:

Right Side

Taillight ON

Overall? I'm not impressed. I do plan on sending them back and purchasing a set of BL Hybrids. Yes they look blue in the socket, but they're not going to scratch OR look incredibly dim during the day.

I will post more when it gets darker outside.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts