E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a leased 325xi with xenons since the summer, im trying to get a little more performance and the great sound out of a mod that i can interchange easily when the car needs to go back in. But i cannot seem to find an intake that works with a 3 series with xenons.

Where can i get them i am deseprate

·
Registered
670 Posts
I thought most(if not all) of the intakes available can be used with cars that have xenons. I bought my Benfer Performance CAI, and I chose the "xenon" option. Haven't popped the CAI in yet, so I dunno about the fit, but I thought they should all work. Anyone care to comment on this?

(dang, I am getting a bit worried now...)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where did you order it from, where i have found them (Bavarian Autosport and BMP) say that there isnt room. I do know for a fact that the xenons do take up more space that the regular lamps. if i order it anyway ill just cut the connecting tube or something. Alterations on such a mod are seemingly easy.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I ordered the Benfer intake from the GroupBuy section of this forum. But, even with the tight space, I wouldn't cut any of the intakes though. The reason a stock xenon housing takes more space is because of the way the ballasts are mounted. You can always just unscrew the driver side ballast, pop in the intake, and mount the ballast somewhere else.

·
Registered
426 Posts
the ballast for the Xenon light is in the way, if you remove the highlight assy. you can remove the ballast from its original location and mount it on the fender well with a bracket. many here have done this...:thumbup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What exactly is the ballast, where can i get this bracket. I dont know if i am prepared or/even savy enough to be messing with my lights. can the ballast be put back when my lease is up!?

thanks for the help

·
Registered
426 Posts
a picture is worth a thousand words.....so anyone here who can help out with a picture that would do this fellow fanatic a great help, i know I have seen a few here...and yes you can reverse these mods back to stock at lease end.:thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts