BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering, if I happened to buy, let's say a pair of P46s for my 323Ci, but end up buying a different pre-facelifted coupe down the line (say a 330Ci w/o factory xenons), would I be able to switch them out or do they use different hardware?

Was also wondering if anyone has found a good alternative to Invisibulbs that don't fry smoked corners? (Not including LEDs... I like my side traffic to see me blinking, lol.) I was thinking of trying StealthAuto bulbs, but heard they were pretty dim. Does anyone know if the Silver Xtremes from VisionBulbs are any good? Or will they fry my corners as well?

·
Registered
7,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. :)

But as I said about the bulbs, I heard StealthAuto bulbs are very dim in comparison with OEM. I may consider the Philips bulbs dispite the slight yellow hue, but was wondering if there are any brighter alternatives that won't melt my lamps and still be "stealth."

·
Registered
32,572 Posts
not that i know of. or you can try the solaris diamond coat. you can still kind of see the bulb, but still better than the egg yolk. and it's brighter as well. i think that is as close to oem as you can go.

·
Registered
7,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not that i know of. or you can try the solaris diamond coat. you can still kind of see the bulb, but still better than the egg yolk. and it's brighter as well. i think that is as close to oem as you can go.
The problem with Solaris' bulbs is that they get too hot for my corners. People with DEPO smoked corners have said they fry the mirror coating. Otherwise I would have gotten those by now, lol. [sigh] Nothing's simple, haha.

·
Registered
32,572 Posts
lol, i used to have depo corners as well. and the regular solaris is a lot hotter than the diamond coat. i tried on 2 sets of corners already. the diamond coat has barely melted the surrounding area, well not melted but more like bubbled up. still going strong for a year now. might want to try those? if now, i guess LED is the way to go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts