BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought 2001 coupe xenon headlights couple of weeks ago and bought a set of 2001 corner lamps to match. But the headlights wont fit! I think the 2001 model has a different setup for the cold weather package than the 2003 models. Theres some hooks that catch on to the middle rails where the washer nozzle comes out from. They get caught when I try to slide it onto the rail. I tried pretty hard to shove it in while at the same time pulling down on the rail but still something gets caught. In the 2003 halogen headlights the bottom is smooth and grooved in to easily slide on to the rail. Can someone verify if there are hooks for the 2003 xenon headlights with cold weather package? And theres other plastic parts sticking out of the bottom with like a big hole maybe for the washer nozzle??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he left his office already.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
me or john?

·
XX
376 Posts
lol....JOHN
I didn't know he came on the board, so he might never see this..best bet is to call tommorow, unless someone else can help you out :)

I don't have CWP so I can't help you out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes this post is for everyone to help out. Not just john disregard the attn:JOHN at bekkers. But JOHN if your reading this reply back.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh another thing when I plugged in the xenon headlights and turned on my ignition after a few seconds the xenon starts to flicker fast like a strobe light.

·
Super Nintendo Chalmers
2,047 Posts
That's a known problem. Turn your headlights to the on position before you turn on the car. That's supposed to help.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I had a similar problem. My headlights came with a plastic piece that is screwed to the bottom by 2 screws I think. It had clips on it and for a while i couldn't figure out wtf was going on. i kept trying to force it in, but no luck. then i realized that the plastic piece was not on my halogen assembly.

unscrew the bottom bracket thing and the headlight assembly will fit perfectly.

hope this makes sense. pm me if it doesn't and i will try to explain it better.

·
Registered
486 Posts
is the 03 a facelifted model? i thought 02 was the last year that the lights were basically the same? :confused: at any rate, like mentioned before there is a small plastic piece that is already mounted on the xenons. you have to remove that, and all should be good. unless of course the 03 is diff than the 02, if that's the case best of luck :dunno:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea it fits! Thanx but the ballasts got in the way so i unscrewed that too. The xenons still flicker fast even when i turned on the headlights before starting the ignition. 2003 and 2001 both fit H7 bulb type right? My car is a 2003 m3.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Where do you place the ballasts? Should i velcro it next to the shock braces?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts