BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I no longer have my 2000 3-series as I traded it back in for a 2002 X5. But I'm sitting in the X5 looking at the instrument cluster and I'd swear it's the same as the 3-series. So I'm wondering how true this is as I am thinking about swapping out the gauge faces for something like NR offers.

Does anyone have any knowledge on this ?!?!??

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I have no idea Tom, but glad to hear you got the whole mess resolved. Oh, & just because you no longer have a E46 doesn't mean you should stop visiting us at Fanatics. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
JesseM said:
out of curiosity, why did you trade in your 3 for the X?
Basically, he bought a cpo 328. Later, he found out the car had been in an accident (which was not disclosed to him). They worked out an agreement of some sort for him to trade his 328 for the X5 3.0

BTW, the owner of the dealership that did this is also the owner of a Ferrari dealership! :yikes: (imagine if they pull this crap on Ferrari's)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I have a little one.............. and the truck just made so much more sense.

I was offered to replace the 2000 328i with a 2002 330i............ both loaded cars. But for the same money as the new 2002 330i, on got a 2002 X5 3.0i (not loaded.......... just with a few options). I think value wise, the X5 was the better choice at this time for me. It's doing well in the Canadian winters up here !!! But it blows chunks at the gas pump, and I'm driving like a ***** :mad: And I wish I would have gotten a manual tranny X5 3.0i, but there were none to be found. Oh well, this way the wife can also drive it.

Working on saving money now for a PES super charger for the wife's Audi A4 quattro...................... that's going to take me a long time though..............:bawling:

I don't worry, I'm still around................ but just a lurker. I do truly miss my 328i............ I had it to a mod point that I was really luv-ing it. There's a guy on the street with a done out 320i that is the same color as my 328 was........... :flipoff: bring back memories of what once was :banghead:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts