E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was all in all a pretty easy project - Here are the before and after pics .. The process is in this thread Here

Here's the front of the car- with the old grill...

Here is the finished grill - before mounting in the car..

Here is the final grill

·
Registered
297 Posts
I think it looks great. :thumbup:
Just my 2 cents but I think you should have painted it body color. Its close but off too much for my taste.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I think it looks good, like the grill on Sport Package X5's. Makes a big difference, I was wondering how long it would be before someone either made these or a company started selling them.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JRobUSC said:
I think it looks good, like the grill on Sport Package X5's. Makes a big difference, I was wondering how long it would be before someone either made these or a company started selling them.
Yup - that's it - I based it on what the X5 4.8 looks like! If I went chrome it looks too shadowy with the big empty space behind the grill.

It makes my X3 look unique! Pretty easy mod too.

Here's a shot of the X5 - I like the silver tone of the grill!

·
Registered
8 Posts
That looks great! :thumbup:

I should have done the same thing as you did for my X5 grill!
I bought my front grills from dealership (I wish I had seen this earlier or I could have done it myself), and top two pieces (on the hood) remain the same.
So I'm thinking of painting them myself, mind list out what kind of primer and paint you used?
Btw, did you put clearcoat on your grill?

Thanks alot!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts