BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need new rotors, Maybe. I don't know. But I do know that my brake squeak and I hate it. Should I get new OEM rotors? If so... How much do they cost?

Or should I go the ebay route and get ZIMMERMAN X-DRILLED ROTORS? I just want to know if X-Drilled will be quite? I don't want them to make any noise.

It's sad that a BMW has brakes that squeak. Thats just not right.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Pads could be glazed. That's a very common cause of brake squeaks. Try the bed in procedure found here or on zeckhausen. Also just try a couple of repeated hard stops from 40 then 60 to 0 and see of the squeak goes away. If so pads glazed and that should cure it.

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
48,265 Posts
Go for the Brembo cross drilled rotors :thumbup:

·
www.piratecove.org
3,745 Posts
buying oem rotors isnt worth it anyway
they are like $80, and you can get brembo ones for around $100 (prices are for my car)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the Zimmerman's all around with no complaints. Putting in all four + HPS pads + ATE fluid was less that having the stealer replace just the front rotors. I would have gone with the Brembos or slotted but I couldn't find anyone selling rear rotors for the E46 328 coupe.

The Zimmermans + HPS pads stop like a MF, and the fronts (of course w/ 80% of the stopping responsibility) are TOTALLY silent (and dust-free -- take that OEM!!!). I suspect the rears would be too if they fit, but that's for another post....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts