BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, what's your take on ZIMMERMAN? They finally have x-drilled replacement rotors for just the rear for the E46 M3. Also, is it ok to mix and match brands? I was thinking going w/zimmerman rotors for the rears and the Euro OEM floating ones for the fronts? (FYI, the zimmerman are sold at www.bmpd.com for $79.95 each for the E46 M3)

·
I know all about that...
2,207 Posts
I don't like Zimmerman personally because the holes are drilled so small. I don't think mixing rotors should be a problem at all, just make sure they look the same.

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah...the zimmermans only make the rears for our cars right now. The fronts won't come out till spring. The reason why I don't want to go w/OEM EUROs cuz it's way too damn expensive. I'm just worried the holes won't match up. Also, the reason why i want some x-drilled is cuz i got the SSR GT3s..I think the stock rotors look weird w/those wheels on.

·
Registered
547 Posts
get the Brembo sport x drilled rotors. They are cast with the holes and are much less likely to crack! Check coximports.com. Free shipping.:thumbup:

·
I know all about that...
2,207 Posts
advan24r said:
Yeah...the zimmermans only make the rears for our cars right now. The fronts won't come out till spring. The reason why I don't want to go w/OEM EUROs cuz it's way too damn expensive. I'm just worried the holes won't match up. Also, the reason why i want some x-drilled is cuz i got the SSR GT3s..I think the stock rotors look weird w/those wheels on.

Yea my friend with his porsche is going through the same problem right now. He has brembos in the front but they dont make an application for the rears. Zimmerman does but the holes are not the same size so he decided to go with cryogenically frozen ones for the rear. Too bad you didnt by Loki's man he sold his for like 300 or 400 a few weeks ago. I saw spend the money or buy a BBK. :D Or just wait for the front Zimmermans to come out and get them all at once.

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cabrioguy said:
get the Brembo sport x drilled rotors. They are cast with the holes and are much less likely to crack! Check coximports.com. Free shipping.:thumbup:
BREMBO doesn't make just replacement rotors for our E46 M3 cars.

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Orient Blue 3 said:

Yea my friend with his porsche is going through the same problem right now. He has brembos in the front but they dont make an application for the rears. Zimmerman does but the holes are not the same size so he decided to go with cryogenically frozen ones for the rear. Too bad you didnt by Loki's man he sold his for like 300 or 400 a few weeks ago. I saw spend the money or buy a BBK. :D Or just wait for the front Zimmermans to come out and get them all at once.
Damn..I know! Loki had a great deal! There was another used OEM EURO FLOAT rotors for sale on EBAY. Used for a month he says and tracked 2 days. It sold for like $600! If it stayed around 400-500 I would consider...but w/$700+ I could get new ones! But I'm really not looking to spend so much.

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Orient Blue 3 said:
I say just save up and do it right.

Yup..I checked the brembo site already. They only make rotors for their BBK.

Save up...:sad: Modding cars is such a pain, but it's fun. I've already spent almost 2 grand alone this month on mods! Damn wheels had to pay it off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts