BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Owner
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or will BMW keep the lights the way they are now? Since M3's get updated a year after the coupes which in turn get updated a year after the sedans, it would make sense that the M3 will have the updated headlights next year. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
66 Posts
The 'future look' of BMW's is going to feature upturned sidelights, like you see on the new 7 series, and the sedan, and the Z4, and now the coupe, and so on... So yeah, probably the lights on the M3 will ultimately have the same design.

·
call me kev :D
6,188 Posts
errr.. if the m3 gets a ugly face lift.. then in the future.. i'll rahter have a 2002-2003 used m3 than a brand new one:dunno:

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
what the hell is wrong with you people.... the new coupes look SICK! i love them

i bet you guys anything that 2 months after they are out everyone will love them

·
yuppie racing
1,899 Posts
DropTopBM said:
what the hell is wrong with you people.... the new coupes look SICK! i love them

i bet you guys anything that 2 months after they are out everyone will love them
Ill bet you your car that 2 months from now ill still like my design better than the facelift.......

·
6,188 Posts
DropTopBM said:

hmm... no, still not liking the new 7 series nor the new face lifted 3 series sedan unless it's modded :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
6,188 Posts
bmwti said:

Ill bet you your car that 2 months from now ill still like my design better than the facelift.......
lol :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: i want in on this bet too.. lol :thumbup:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Choson1 said:
Or will BMW keep the lights the way they are now? Since M3's get updated a year after the coupes which in turn get updated a year after the sedans, it would make sense that the M3 will have the updated headlights next year. Any thoughts?
If they do, that would mean that they would have a new fender too. With the relative low volume of M3's sold (as compared to the regular 3 series), it may not justify the costs of redesigning certain parts and the tooling involved. But, you never know.:dunno:

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
e46boy said:
still not liking the new 7 series nor the new face lifted 3 series sedan unless it's modded :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
The '02 is alright but the 7 is weird. What is with all the new BMW designs. The new e46s the 7 and Z4. Although the Z4 is pretty :pimpin: even though it has the wierd edgyness.

·
Registered
363 Posts
i dont really like the facelifts or the 7series, even though i got a 2002 330xi which makes its a facelift i didnt like it until i got front clears then it looked much better and also u have to get the sport package i cant stand those small fog lights IHMO.

·
Owner
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RE:

bmwti said:

yes like the rest of the e36's, they eventually made the kidney grills wider.
Aha! So, if the E36 M3 had a facelift, and so have the E46 sedans and coupes, then I can only assume that the E46 M3 will be updated too. Perhaps I should wait until next year to buy the facelifted M3. Not that I like the facelift look better than the current look...just that I don't want my car to look outdated so soon and want to retain a higher resale value.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Guys, it's official ! The M3 will not get the new facelifted front ! at least not this year...

The only change for the M3 is the new Led tail lights....

However, my guess is that they will apply the complete facelift next year... to be consistent with the coupe/cab facelift....

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
bmwti said:

DEAL!

BTW, dont think you can run from the droptop bm... ill spot that 323 nizzzaaaa

:flipoff: :flipoff:

:tongue:

·
yuppie racing
1,899 Posts
DropTopBM said:

DEAL!

BTW, dont think you can run from the droptop bm... ill spot that 323 nizzzaaaa

:flipoff: :flipoff:

:tongue:
in two months (around march ninth) Im responding to this post or starting a new one two see who's right.:tongue:

hmm.....first thing I think ill do is paint that ugly red to a nice jet black:D :flipoff:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts