BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am dying a bit inside as I post this, but unless I can finagle a way to make these work, I need to trade my wheels. They don't clear my coil-overs up front because of the width; however, anyone that has coil-overs or struts/springs that are NOT KW/ST will have NO PROBLEM clearing them. I wish I had realized this, but alas, I'm in a bind.

The wheels are J-Line 5LR2 2-Piece forged aluminum wheels; very rare, and this is the only set I've seen on an E46. They're very strong, and very light. The spokes are a matte finish, and the lip is polished. They are 18x9 Front and 18x10 Rear, offset is ET40 for each. The tires are BFG KDW T/A 255/35R18 Front and 265/35R18 Rear, and as mentioned above, wheels AND tires only have a bit less than 4500 miles on them. They look amazing on the E46, as they're a nice, simple 5-spoke design with a nice lip and a perfect stretch on the tire. With rolled fenders, they can be tucked in the rear. They give an awesome, aggressive stance, and all the extra rubber provides awesome amounts of extra traction, and despite the large increase in front wheel width, the car handles much more neutrally than it did with the stock M68s.

The cost for a new set of these wheels is right around $4000, and the tires are around $900. There is a bit of curb rash on the driver-side front wheel, but it can be polished out by hand, or preferably, an orbital buffer. There is no structural damage, and no filler should be needed.

What I am looking for is something in the same price range, WITH TIRES that have a similar amount of wear, and are similar in quality/price. I'm not interested in cheap wheels, CSL's, or anything tacky.
What I AM interested in is 18" or 19" staggered wheels, preferably 8" wide front, but possibly 8.5" if the offset is right. Rear, I would much prefer 10" wide, but 9.5" is okay, again if the wheels are "right". DPE's, iForged, Kinesis, or whatever, all of those are in the same price range and same quality range. That's just an example; there are lots of other high-quality rims out there that I like and would love to trade for, so PLEASE show me what you've got!!!

It's absolutely imperative that I get a new set of wheels that fit ASAP! My car is at my mechanic's NOW and we've tried 5mm-10mm spacers, neither of which work (10mm causes fender rubbing, badly; again, NOT AN ISSUE on cars with any suspension other than KW/ST). I can't have my car sitting there forever, so I want to do this as fast as possible.

I am looking to HOPEFULLY do a STRAIGHT-UP trade. I don't have the time to deal with trading money, etc. The only way I would do that is if your rims are of much lesser value, in which case I would need the wheels+cash on your end.

I repeat, I HATE TO GET RID OF THESE. They are unique, beautiful, and very solid wheels and not something that is common AT ALL. They are custom made, and they are very high quality. Anyone looking to change up their look and go with a brand that isn't so popular (like HRE, DPE, etc) should really look into this!

Please help out a fellow Fanatic and show me what you've got.

Pics: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=583697

Thanks, and hope to deal with one of you very soon!!!

-Nick

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BUMP!

Come on guys, give me something here...

·
Registered
686 Posts
wow i love jlines i just dont know how these would look on my car.
ill have to do a quick chop!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah, finally someone who appreciates these awesome, rare wheels!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts