BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my U Joints or Drive Shaft let go! :( Going down highway car stuttering and heard clunk car locked up and slid on highway into break down lane... was locked up couldnt move it :(

·
Registered
433 Posts
I think my U Joints or Drive Shaft let go! :( Going down highway car stuttering and heard clunk car locked up and slid on highway into break down lane... was locked up couldnt move it :(
Was the STIG driving your car just before it happened?

·
Registered
433 Posts
I think BMW issued a TSB that had a list of common problems that occured when the STIG drove certain BMWs, I know for a fact that exploding diffs and axles were listed, I'll see what I can find and post a link.

:p

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I'm sure BMW has a long list of TSBs that are STIG related.

Speaking of which, the STIG has been mysteriously absent this week. Does the STIG actually get vacation time? Or is he just upset he didn't register a time in the afternoon session and came in last?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
3.46 here i come

·
Registered
27 Posts
Since I have no clue what you guys are talking about I just googled the STIG. It's some anonymous racer with a helmet that you can't see his face or something.... So basically I'm still confused

·
Registered
235 Posts
+1 for witnessing the STIG in action. Nothing like pushing your ride off of the start line. :cry:

Dan, LOVED seeing both of your cars running, and your girl looked great out there!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I recommend General Auto Recycling in Tiverton, I got mine with 25k on it.
thats where i went...mine has 80k on it and it was 150 bucks woo hoo took me and my buddy like 4.5 hrs to do! laying on the ground no air tools no creeper nothing!

·
It ain't cheap to be cool.
4,097 Posts
:eeps:

Me and Nikki were in Lake George, we are back now....

·
Registered
433 Posts
Welcome back Dave, as you can see we missed you ! (but our cars didn't)

·
It ain't cheap to be cool.
4,097 Posts
:rofl:

I'm not Anton i can read normal sized type.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts