BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I recently bought this 325Ci and it's making me miss my retrofitted RSX headlights quite a bit. :(

Here are some pictures of my crappy light output/crappy beam pattern with these Xenon lights. I tried adjusting it... but it still looks like balls. Additionally, when I adjusted the passenger headlight down (b/c it was pointed at the sky), it "hid" the bottom part of the angel eye.... wtf? Suggestions?

How much do OEM projector headlights cost? Am I better off just buying some aftermarket projectors? It's hard to find good concrete info in here :( If someone could link me to something helpful... that'd be very much appreciated.

And yes, this headlight needs to be reconditioned pretty badly

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Try parking it 20 feet from the garage door or a wall. Adjust the lights so they hit three feet from the ground and a few feet outside of the center. It looks like the left headlight is pointed down while the other is pointed who knows where.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You don't have xenon lights.
that's what I thought when I saw them... but the guy said they were Xenon I thought... I'm just used to having the projectors I had in my RSX... lol

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Apparently whoever had the lights apart before was lazy/stupid and didn't take the time to put the bulbs in correctly... you win Solidjake. Thanks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
...Am I better off just buying some aftermarket projectors? It's hard to find good concrete info in here :( If someone could link me to something helpful... that'd be very much appreciated...
I had THESE on my vert and they were phenomenal! I know they're Depos and all but they are nowhere near the kind that DDM Tuning sells. The kit I had were (supposedly) true E-Codes and delivered a sharp cut-off. They're not as perfect as the factory ones (where they could cost upwards of $300 for a pair USED!) but they are a lot better than some of the crappy lights floating around. I'm sure you'll be more satisfied with these than your HID in a halogen casing mod that you have on now. Hope this helps! ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts