BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 330xi auto
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My xi had 3 of them.. Any chance anyone has these laying around? Desperately need them for the upcoming winter. Thank you.

·
Registered
2003 330xi auto
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol good question.. i was doing my head gasket for almost 3 months in the outside parking lot of my building and had them laying underneath the car the whole time, no problem.. Finally after starting up, I was having some vacuum leak issues and couldn't figure it out so took it to the shop for maybe 2-3 weeks and within that period, I guess they were stolen or thrown away by jealous neighbors :( it was kinda dumb of me to leave them out there, but I really didnt think anyone would have the nerve to touch something thats in my spot, and I guess they did. Wasnt the maintence workers cause they all knew what I was doing there. Had to be some neighbor hater

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Ughh. They are pricey huh? I put a nice hole in my front one when my middle jack point failed. I decided to fix it rather than spend the cash on a new one.

I think a junkyard may be your best bet.

·
Registered
2003 330xi auto
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ughh. They are pricey huh? I put a nice hole in my front one when my middle jack point failed. I decided to fix it rather than spend the cash on a new one.

I think a junkyard may be your best bet.
Oh yeah.. Especially the front one. Dont see what the big deal is for a peice of plastic that they need to charge so much.

Yeah, I'll check with them if I have no luck on here. thanks

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Oh yeah.. Especially the front one. Dont see what the big deal is for a peice of plastic that they need to charge so much.

Yeah, I'll check with them if I have no luck on here. thanks
I would pull up a few junkyards on car-part.com that seem to have a few xi's in their lot (maybe search for an engine or front diff, or TC), and call around. I don't think those shields are listed as a specific part on that site.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the front two. I think one corner, on the front one, is cracked and missing a screw. Should still mount fine. I'll dig them up and send a pic. How much you looking to spend?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts