BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking to do the Chris Brown mod, but I want to get an extra set of bowls just in case I don't like them.

They need to fit Xenon lights, and a facelift sedan.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm a little confused on this. Just because they didn't make single xenon lights for the facelift sedan. At least not from the factory.

So do you want single xenon projector brackets? 2004 sedans came with bi-xenons.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm a little confused on this. Just because they didn't make single xenon lights for the facelift sedan. At least not from the factory.

So do you want single xenon projector brackets? 2004 sedans came with bi-xenons.
I mean like this:

I've seen some e46's that have xenons in the high beam housing too. I know they aren't OEM, but I was just being safe.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I think I understand what you are trying to accomplish now. You want a projector for the high and low beam. O.k. Since you have a facelift sedan are your lights AL or ZKW? The bi-xenon bracket is different for each.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well as to my understanding from the factory HID's come with AL, Non HID is ZKW. So if I'm right, I have AL's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sure,

From the outside they look nearly identical. But internally they are different. They use different electronics for one. But the plugs are the same. The brackets attach differently to the housing so they are not interchangeable. The AL use a metal bowl and a ceramic bracket. The ZKW uses a plastic bowl and plastic bracket. Those are the major differences. The AL housing will have a yellow information label on the top and the ZKW will have a silver info label on the top.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Jack, I think iRide is looking for one of the salavageable parts on the unit that you were going to purchase from me. If I'm correct, I will give you first dips (at the price we discussed) b/f offering to part it out to iRide or anyone else. let me know, other wise I have one of the bowls that you need.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Jack, I think iRide is looking for one of the salavageable parts on the unit that you were going to purchase from me. If I'm correct, I will give you first dips (at the price we discussed) b/f offering to part it out to iRide or anyone else. let me know, other wise I have one of the bowls that you need.
Agreed. I was just trying to find out if the parts needed were for a ZKW or AL light as they are different. A set of these I am assuming. Appreciate the offer. If iRide can use it certainly let him put it to use.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Agreed. I was just trying to find out if the parts needed were for a ZKW or AL light as they are different. A set of these I am assuming. Appreciate the offer. If iRide can use it certainly let him put it to use.

That's exactly what I need. With work and school, I haven't had time to look at my lights yet. Will do tomorrow hopefully.

I would love to make an offer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
146 Posts
Try Ebay. That's where I found a spare for me.

Can someone educate me? What's the Chris Brown mod?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I want to say I paid 65 for one side. I don't remember though.

It's yellowing/coloring the inner reflector bowl?

·
Registered
146 Posts
If they're the AL ones...I think they're all the same. I have some that are already painted yellow I'd trade you straight across.

Jack can you confirm whether all AL frames are the same?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts