E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone selling an e46 hard top I’ve been looking around eBay and Facebook can’t seem to find you anyone selling one by any chance?

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Is anyone selling an e46 hard top I’ve been looking around eBay and Facebook can’t seem to find you anyone selling one by any chance?
There is one listed on EBay - for $5000.

Here's the thing though - you need to install the Hardtop Mounting Hardware first if you intend to drive your E46 to where a hardtop is for sale if the seller isn't including it. Most hardtops for sale will not include the hardware as most often the seller sold the car without the hardtop. The new buyer didn't want it so its been kicking around in their garage a few years.

Contrary to popular belief, only an E46 delivered with a Hardtop is prepped to have one installed. If the seller isn't including the Hardtop Mounting Hardware from the donor car, you will need these part numbers; the 'Hardtop Kit' (54217146749) is no longer available but the individual parts it contained are:

54217143355 - LT Support
54217143360 - RT Support
54217143358 - RT Harness
07119902175 x 4 - Bolts

Turner Motorsport/ECS Tuning have them in stock. Total cost is (currently) just under $281 with FREE SHIPPING. You can of course, remove these parts from the donor car, it's not a hard task.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is one listed on EBay - for $5000.

Here's the thing though - you need to install the Hardtop Mounting Hardware first if you intend to drive your E46 to where a hardtop is for sale if the seller isn't including it. Most hardtops for sale will not include the hardware as most often the seller sold the car without the hardtop. The new buyer didn't want it so its been kicking around in their garage a few years.

Contrary to popular belief, only an E46 delivered with a Hardtop is prepped to have one installed. If the seller isn't including the Hardtop Mounting Hardware from the donor car, you will need these part numbers; the 'Hardtop Kit' (54217146749) is no longer available but the individual parts it contained are:

54217143355 - LT Support
54217143360 - RT Support
54217143358 - RT Harness
07119902175 x 4 - Bolts

Turner Motorsport/ECS Tuning have them in stock. Total cost is (currently) just under $281 with FREE SHIPPING. You can of course, remove these parts from the donor car, it's not a hard task.
Thank you man! I’ve recently bought the hard ware for it so I’m just searching for the hard top I saw that one on eBay but it’s out of my price range I don’t think that hardtop is worth the price of a cheap car respectfully lol.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Thank you man! I’ve recently bought the hard ware for it so I’m just searching for the hard top I saw that one on eBay but it’s out of my price range I don’t think that hardtop is worth the price of a cheap car respectfully lol.
That seller on EBay has been trying to sell that 'new in box' Hardtop for months. I think it's a hoot that he believes someone will pay $5000 for an accessory top to put on their $3500 E46.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That seller on EBay has been trying to sell that 'new in box' Hardtop for months. I think it's a hoot that he believes someone will pay $5000 for an accessory top to put on their $3500 E46.
Exactly! I bought my e46 for 1500$ I messaged him on Facebook about it to try to lower the price he wants those 5k because it’s “new” totally not worth it!

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Exactly! I bought my e46 for 1500$ I messaged him on Facebook about it to try to lower the price he wants those 5k because it’s “new” totally not worth it!
I also think that if you buy a NIB color-matched Hardtop for your 20-year old E46, it won't look right if your paint has faded - even a little bit.

·
Vendor
3,125 Posts
These have gotten hard to find. Try local craiglists, or often guys selling whole cars with hardtops will consider parting

$1500-2500 is a fair range.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts