BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, I am looking for an E46 facelift sedan hood. I am located in Northeastern North Carolina. The hood has to be in good condition and preferably silver in color. If not in silver, any color will do.

Thanks,
Dustin

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I would try lkqpickyourpart.com. look at the nearest yard near you to start. You should be able to find one without front end damage from their online photos. It may not be there when you arrive, but you won't know until you get to the yard. Check the arrival date on line.
Silver is a very common color.
Probably the cheapest way to go.
Take tools, spray bottle and rags to check the finish.
There's one in Greenville and LaGrange I believe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would try lkqpickyourpart.com. look at the nearest yard near you to start. You should be able to find one without front end damage from their online photos. It may not be there when you arrive, but you won't know until you get to the yard. Check the arrival date on line.
Silver is a very common color.
Probably the cheapest way to go.
Take tools, spray bottle and rags to check the finish.
There's one in Greenville and LaGrange I believe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Awesome. Thanks the help.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
on lkq .. get a real bmw hood and don't go with their keystone aftermarket like i did a few years ago. fitment on that one is not good. so to replace it i tried ordering a hood in great condition via car-part.com from a yard in tennessee but it was damaged in shipping. new facelift sedan hood is like $400 primed and maybe another 400 to paint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts