E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Preferably someone in the socal area, I want a Dinan badge...and I'm not going to pay hundreds for one like the ones on ebay...

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lonnie_20 said:
i really dont mean to hate, but....earn the points!!!
I'm close to earning the points (I have 7 points so far), but I don't wanna dump another $1k+ to earn the badge...

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
From what my Dinan rep is telling me, you can only "earn" the badge if you purchased the parts directly from the Dinan Authorized Rep (usually your BMW Dealer). If you buy any Dinan parts from a fellow E46er or off Ebay, those parts will not count towards the "earned" points. In order to obtain the Legit Badge, you have to provide the purchase receipts for the parts that make up the 10 points.

I see their side of it; if they let you use parts you obtain from someone else who bought the parts, then that person has a Dinan badge but no longer qualifies (a poser?) as a Dinan car.

I picked up one of the two engine covers off a fellow E46er thinking it qualified as a point only to find out it will not. No big deal as its not really a performance item and I saved over original cost.

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I have purchased all my Dinan parts from the same dealer/rep, so I won't have a problem with that; and I've kept all my receipts. I'm not necessarily looking for a "DINAN 3" badge, just even a "DINAN" badge would be nice; I want to see how it'll look on my car since its been de-badged since the day I bought it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts