BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
358 Posts
Doubtful that its of zero use to you. If you're converting an smg, its often easier to sell your trans whole and just buying a good 6speed. Bellhousings are near impossible to find. But what do I know?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Doubtful that its of zero use to you. If you're converting an smg, its often easier to sell your trans whole and just buying a good 6speed. Bellhousings are near impossible to find. But what do I know?
He could also get it machined for $300-400. $1200 is the going rate for a 6 speed so it's not like you're giving him a deal and a bad trans comes up from time to time. I'd also rather reuse my own trans instead of a trans you took out of a totaled car which you have no idea of the condition and how it shifts, I'm sure others feel the same way.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Go away.... From all of my threads, on all of the forums. I do NOT want a full 6 speed unless it is damaged or blown but has a good bell housing. How difficult is that to understand?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I could machine yours for $95 look at my thread if you would be interested in some thing like that, I posted pics
I actually saved your post. I'm almost certainly going to do that. I'm going to work on getting the bell housing split.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Bell housing split?? If your talking about taking it apart it the easiest thing to do!! All there is, is like 10 bolts and that's it, when the tyranny is out, You would have to be without your M for at least 2 weeks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bell housing split?? If your talking about taking it apart it the easiest thing to do!! All there is, is like 10 bolts and that's it, when the tyranny is out, You would have to be without your M for at least 2 weeks
It's going in an E30. It's sitting in my back room. I'll look at it now. Would you mind pming me your shipping info?

Thanks,
JP

1 - 13 of 13 Posts