BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
I went last week.

It always seems that there aren't that many nice/decent/quick cars there, but the ones that are good are awesome. I never see any BMWs there, shame, I think I am going to miss it this weds :(

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went last week.

It always seems that there aren't that many nice/decent/quick cars there, but the ones that are good are awesome. I never see any BMWs there, shame, I think I am going to miss it this weds :(
Did you run last week? or were you just watching?

Also curious if you've ever run your car on the strip before and what time did you manage?

There's a few BMWs coming, along with the usual WRXes and S15s.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I no longer have a BMW, but i was at WSID 2 weeks ago and there was a X5 M running low 13s high 12s. Impressive for such a heavy car.

I managed 13.8 @ 99.8mph in the GTI.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I no longer have a BMW, but i was at WSID 2 weeks ago and there was a X5 M running low 13s high 12s. Impressive for such a heavy car.
Yeah, that is impressive. I think they're 2400kgs lols

I managed 13.8 @ 99.8mph in the GTI.
Nice one. Any mods? Manual/Auto?

I'm not sure what I'll get. I'm guessing it will be in the 12s.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Yeah, that is impressive. I think they're 2400kgs lols

Nice one. Any mods? Manual/Auto?

I'm not sure what I'll get. I'm guessing it will be in the 12s.
Thanks, It's DSG with Stage 1 and a few other small mods to help get power down. I got 147kw ATW but from those times It probably has a bit over 150Kw ATW.

What model have you turboed?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, It's DSG with Stage 1 and a few other small mods to help get power down. I got 147kw ATW but from those times It probably has a bit over 150Kw ATW.

What model have you turboed?
Nice one, so is yours chipped running more boost?

I'm running an E36 Compact with 2.8L M52 running 14.5 PSI with 3.15 LSD diff. Car weighed 1300kgs and produced 240rwkw.

Car is going in after WSID to put in a 2.93 diff and increasing the boost by 3PSI before she goes for a melbourne road trip along the great ocean road this long weekend :)

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Did you run last week? or were you just watching?

Also curious if you've ever run your car on the strip before and what time did you manage?

There's a few BMWs coming, along with the usual WRXes and S15s.
I didn't run, I was watching. I haven't had an opportunity to run my car really, it has always been pretty bad timing.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts

I'm running an E36 Compact with 2.8L M52 running 14.5 PSI with 3.15 LSD diff. Car weighed 1300kgs and produced 240rwkw.

Car is going in after WSID to put in a 2.93 diff and increasing the boost by 3PSI before she goes for a melbourne road trip along the great ocean road this long weekend :)
nice man, GOR is indeed the best road in aust. for driving pleasure, been down the east coast brissy---> melb but nothing beats the GOR. awesome turns, surface and views. have a blast!! post some pics here later

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts

Sounds beastly!

Good luck tonight and have some fun.

Make sure you post up a full report and your times.

Tim.

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
+1 on on GOR..
ull enjoy it..
id be joining u for sure if i didnt have exams at that time...

post more pics of ur car.. (ive only seen one of the engine bay)lol
it sounds tough as!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Sounds good, pics?

Mine is only a stage1 flash, running around 15psi. stock GTIs run 14.8ish.

How did you go at WSID?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Quick update. I got there last night and just as the car got scrutineered, the rain poured in :(

Wasn't able to get a run in. Got home and spent the next 2 hours putting the car back together for the road trip lols.

The car's gone in today for a change in diff ratio. Spring for external wastegate didn't come in, so won't have extra boost for next week. Will be going back next week :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts