E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
hey guys. thanks for all the feedback.. I went to the tow yard today, it was dark so I had a flashlight. popped my trunk by the keyless and wiggle my BSTcable... Noticed a lot of play so I snapped off the black box on top of it to witness that the cable was very loose from the connector, force jammed it back together, got into my car to start it and it fired right up, drove it home to clean it, change my wheels to the stocks and it rides better than it ever has " lol " kinda strange, but its bruised up --- will post pics tomorrow..

Merry Christmas everyone.

·
Registered
133 Posts
hey guys. thanks for all the feedback.. I went to the tow yard today, it was dark so I had a flashlight. popped my trunk by the keyless and wiggle my BSTcable... Noticed a lot of play so I snapped off the black box on top of it to witness that the cable was very loose from the connector, force jammed it back together, got into my car to start it and it fired right up, drove it home to clean it, change my wheels to the stocks and it rides better than it ever has " lol " kinda strange, but its bruised up --- will post pics tomorrow..

Glad to hear that you solved it and get the car working.
Merry Christmas for you.

·
Banned
2,159 Posts

congrats. so is there any way to "reset" your BST or do we have to normally buy a new replacement?

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
:facepalm:

Ohio must be different than NY/NJ and most other places where it is a LAW that the buyer of the vehicle MUST PROVE insurance on that car in order to drive the car off the lot.

I just got the car, had it for 3 days - Didn't get time to add Insurance to it considering the time of year.... Lesson learned.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
drove it home to clean it, change my wheels to the stocks and it rides better than it ever has " lol " kinda strange, but its bruised up --- will post pics tomorrow..

You had time to put rims on it but not time to insure it in the three days you had the car. :facepalm:

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
congrats. so is there any way to "reset" your BST or do we have to normally buy a new replacement?
Need to buy replacement if you want your airbags to work.
If you're cheap then you jam it back together(i have^^)

Best bet is to go to a junkyard and find a e46 that has burned or something , take out the ENTIRE cable(runs all along the right side of the car from battery to B+ terminal under hood)

The one you buy from the dealer is just 3feet and meant to be crimped together with the old one.. and cutting/crimping 35mm^2 cables arent that fun.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I bought the car with rims already on it.... I just jammed the BST cable back in and its been working fine.oh and i cut the airbags out-- u cant even tell they deployed :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
so until the BST HAS to be replaced, ill stick with with the rig I did. Being 21 with no job ATM and owning a bimmer is pretty crazy.

·
Registered
441 Posts
So what do you think is going to happen when your in an actual accident? Your basically telling us right now that your life isn't worth a few hundred dollars.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
So what do you think is going to happen when your in an actual accident? Your basically telling us right now that your life isn't worth a few hundred dollars.
Actually ;

BST 600$
Aitbag Head 350$
Airbag Door 250$
Cables for airbags $ 100
Seat tensioner $150
New MLS controller $500 (might be able to have your recoded , www.myairbags.com)

Im sure i've forgotten some part of the list but it's not just a couple hundred...

Not saying i dont value my life but the airbag system in the e46 is way to sensitive and since my car will be a 600hp car im afraid that might blow airbags :/

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
even if it was a couple hundred dollars, " which obviously its not " im not working and I cant fork over that much money. When I have the extra money im sure ill do it, but not to mention I need side panel trims, a corner turn signal and a new tire. my m3 rims look horrible. smh

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
even if it was a couple hundred dollars, " which obviously its not " im not working and I cant fork over that much money. When I have the extra money im sure ill do it, but not to mention I need side panel trims, a corner turn signal and a new tire. my m3 rims look horrible. smh
Honestly you sound like someone who shouldn't be driving a bmw seeing as how you have no money or judgement....

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Actually ;

BST 600$
Aitbag Head 350$
Airbag Door 250$
Cables for airbags $ 100
Seat tensioner $150
New MLS controller $500 (might be able to have your recoded , www.myairbags.com)

Im sure i've forgotten some part of the list but it's not just a couple hundred...

Not saying i dont value my life but the airbag system in the e46 is way to sensitive and since my car will be a 600hp car im afraid that might blow airbags :/
Ebay:

BST $100
Driver's head airbag $50
Driver's door airbag $50
seat tensionor $45
airbag cables $20

i'm sure he wouldn't mind used ebay parts vs. new oem...and the airbag light should go off if anything is bad....:eeps:

41 - 60 of 70 Posts