E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I was going about 80 in the rain, hydroplaned and skidded for about 1/4 mile it felt like - Hit a ditch pretty hard and my driver bottom and top door airbags deployed. The car was still running - Had it towed home, Didn't mess with it for 2 days from disgust. I get in it today the battery is dead " Ok " so I try jumping it and all I get is CLICK.... Not, Click-click-click.... Just 1 click ?? I don't get it.. So I tried replacing the battery from one from my 740i and still " CLICK" Anyone have ANY idea what this could be??? My airbags are deployed, "2 of the 6" so I was thinking that may have something to do with it.... Any insight would be appreciated, BTW its a 2000 328i 5 spd. Thanks:facepalm:

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Check the cable leading up from the battery in the rear. There is a sensor that will blow and kill power to the front of the vehicle in the event of a collision.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I mean i switched batterys out in the trunk, if it popped what do I do to get it to start? there were red and black wires hanging from my side airbag in the door that were cut, and a box laying by my tire.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My dad is telling me that can't be it, considering everything comes on? Its weird though because when I turn the key on my heat comes on blast then I turn it off, try the key on again, heat comes on blast. Dash lights work, Radio works, everything works, turn the key to crank it and 1 Click. Kind of loud. If its this Battery Terminal thing, is there a quick way to get it to start just to get it to my house? Could I get it pulled and pop it into gear?

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,771 Posts
I mean i switched batterys out in the trunk, if it popped what do I do to get it to start? there were red and black wires hanging from my side airbag in the door that were cut, and a box laying by my tire.
red and black wires hanging from where the air bad that were cut? You mean after deployment?

A box laying by your tire has me intrigued, though. You should open up the box, unless you have enemies. Maybe it's your new BST?

After deployment, you need to get airbags fixed and the BST replaced. I think it's pricey, but maybe not.

Realoem.com is your friend.

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=AM53&mospid=47723&btnr=61_1403&hg=61&fg=10

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I dont know what it was, im just so lost. I went into a ditch and 2 frickin airbags deploy. The tow truck messes crap up on my car pulling it out. Now my sh*t wont start. pos.

·
Registered
327 Posts
It won't start because of the BST, plain and simple. You can try to just disconnect the battery for an hour or so and see if that helps.
This.

The BST is like a fuse that's inline with your battery cable. When your airbags blow, the BST cable blows. It's supposed to do that. You can bypass it, but you will probably have to replace it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thank you guys so much! I will go to the tow yard tmw and check this out... If this is the case, that its the wire.. anyway to get it to start to get it home? Or do I HAVE to get the part and fix it at the yard?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts